Background

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Adventure With Grandpa: Day 1

Well, today I embarked on an adventure with grandpa. He and I flew to Connecticut (actually Westchester County, NY and then drove to Connecticut). It was a short flight and, although mommy was very nervous, the trip sounded simple. Mommy and I picked up grandpa and, after a short visit with grandma and Jenny, we headed to Reagan National. Mommy was able to get a gate pass and we all made it through security with no problems. With about 40 minutes to kill, mommy snuck away while grandpa and I went hunting for apples and Reareas. My flight was to depart at 12:10 and arrive at 1:27.

Around 1:30, grandpa called mommy and told her the big news. We were in Philadelphia. They had diverted our plane... something about a oil pressure problem. A few minutes later, we were switching planes and about an hour later, we took off again and headed to New York. We arrived about 3 and a half hours late and just in time for rush hour. Grandpa called again to check in, tell mommy we had landed and that I had thrown up all over myself on the plane! Poor grandpa! He sounded great, though, and was just waiting in line for the rental car. About 45 minutes later he called to say the traffic was bad and we had only traveled 15 miles and still had a ways to go. I have not slept much and have a "bewildered" look about me but am hanging in there and so is grandpa!

Hopefully we get lots of pictures. We will let you know how the rest of trip goes soon. Mommy leaves tomorrow morning to visit Aunt Carmen in Dallas and daddy heads up to see me after school tomorrow night! Busy weekend.

Hope you all are well! Lots of love,

Abbey

1 comment:

desertgramma said...

Pictures, pictures, we want pictures!!! And hello to everyone in CT.
Love from your Prairie Grammas.