Now, for my new trick... This all starts back on Monday. Mommy and I were playing in my room. I have really been enjoying playing in my crib (as long as she or daddy are right there playing with me). I threw my leg up and managed to get it halfway over the side of the crib rail! Mommy was not pleased (although she tried to mask her discontent knowing that I LOVE to repeat things that she and daddy find scary or dangerous).
Both mommy and daddy have always thought the crib rail was not high enough but they have never had a crib anymore so what did they know... To be safe, mommy went online to make sure she lowered the mattress properly. She learned that on that very day, my crib had been recalled. Turns out, it does not lower as far as governmental requirements specify. So, mommy received new instructions and had to take my crib apart and put it back together in a manner that allowed the top of the mattress spring to be 26 inches lower than the crib rail. It was not fun but she did it while daddy took me for a walk (mommy was glad to not have my help, but I cannot figure out why). Crisis averted, for the moment. It was lower and I seemed fine.
Yesterday, I tried to lift my leg over the crib rail again. Grandpa told them to take the bumpers off my crib, which they did. I probably banged my head into the crib 100 times last night but at least I did not climb out. Crisis averted AGAIN but they knew their days were numbered and began talking about options.
Today, I... well, you should just watch for yourself!!!
We leave for the beach tomorrow morning but will be getting the CRIB TENT as soon as we get back! I have been a real monkey this week, climbing all over EVERYTHING!
We will take lots of pictures at the beach and post when we come back next week!
Wish us luck! We hope you all have a fun and safe weekend. Summer is coming to an end!
No comments:
Post a Comment