Background

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Fireworks and Parades

Last night we had fun celebrating the fourth. I really should say that mommy had fun because I went to bed before the fireworks but I still had a great time with Corey's family. Mommy even lit a few fireworks herself. Karen caught her on film... It is a bit blurry (I think mommy was scared and running away fast).
Today we woke up early again and headed to Hoven for their Quasquicentenial Parade. We rode in the back of the Deville again today. My outfit today is courtesy of Aunt Karen. I think I look adorable, again! I had fun so much fun waving and throwing candy to the crowds (you will see, I enjoyed throwing entire bags of candy at once). Uncle Corey took me to pet the horses. I even helped Reagan and Harrison gather candy and put it in the bag (mommy says I am not allowed to eat it but I did get to eat some ice cream today).
We went to a picnic after the parade. On our way, we stopped at the Cathedral on the Prairie. It is a beautiful church (and Corey's parents were married there). After the picnic, Reagan and Harrison got to go on the moonbounce and an inflatable obstacle course/slide. Mommy said I was too young so I did not get to go! It was a bit hot and I melted down a bit on the way home but it was a VERY fun time.

Mommy claims she is going to bed early tonight... we will see what happens. It is starting to heat up out here again but hopefully it will not be too bad. Daddy comes in 4 days and I am so excited to see him.

More soon!

Love, Abbey

No comments: