Saturday was our big block party but the rain and storms moved in 2 minutes before the party was supposed to start! Daddy had made a few hundred pounds of potato salad and we did not know who was going to eat it all! Fortunately, Aunt Liz had made about that much pasta salad so they just brought that over and we had a great meal (well, the grown ups did, anyway). Liz and Joe brought JP over. I was so good just watching him and trying to play with him. Then I went to bed and the adults played for a while. It was a very fun night for all of us.
Sunday was a crazy day but so much fun. The plan was to be gone from 11 in the morning until 7:30 that night so mommy and daddy knew the morning nap was crucial. I went down but popped back up just a few minutes later. I was crying. Mommy and daddy let me cry for a while but then mommy decided to take a look at me in the baby monitor. She noticed that I had gotten my diaper half off so she went to get me and put a diaper back on. As she got closer to my room, she noticed the smell... I had pooped. Fortunately, the mess was not too bad but that was the end of my nap! So I did not sleep much yesterday but I had a great day.
We went to Grandma and Grandpa's first. Grandpa cooked eggs and bacon and sausages. I ate lots of strawberries, grapes, watermelon and smoke salmon (I really liked that). It was very yummy. As you will see, I had lots of fun!
First, I went on the swing.
Then I played in the little pool they bought for me on my birthday.
Then I walked around and splashed in the water on the concrete.Then I played knock knock with daddy.
I went on the swing again. Grandpa kept trying to get me to wear a hat. I don't like hats but it was easier to wear when my Uncle Jon did it too!Grandpa had me try on my PFD. It fits and I might even get to go on his boat next weekend when I sleep over at their house.
I hung out with daddy and grandpa in the rocking chair were daddy was rocked as a little kid.I played the drums on an old popcorn container. And grandpa even broke out the Louis XIII cognac! I got to touch the bottle AND I even got a lick of it off grandpa's finger. Mommy taped that and will try to post it soon.
We then went to see Pops for a little while. We were only there for about 2 hours because he got stuck in traffic coming home from the beach but I still had a blast. My Cousin Bobby, Aunt Jen and Uncle Kevin came over too! I had fun playing with Bobby.
Pops and I had fun exploring the upstairs. I was walking around all of the rooms and stumbled across my Cousin Reagan's bed. I was very tired and climbed right up into the bed and started playing with the music machine.
We were home by 7:15 and I was asleep by 8! I am still exhausted today so we will take it easy. It is also supposed to be really hot for one more day so we will just run errands. I am napping now but just about to wake up so I should let mommy stop working!We will try to post some videos from yesterday as soon as mommy can edit them a little!
I hope all you dads out there had as much fun this weekend as my daddy did!
Lots of love!
Abbey
No comments:
Post a Comment