Background

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Gettysburg - Part 1

This will be a quick post because I am napping and mommy is not sure how long she will have to type... We know you are all curious to hear about our trip. Feel free to read Karen's blog too as she will probably be a little better about updating!

We arrived late Wednesday night. The flights went pretty well. We were in first class from DC to Denver. I started screaming and crying as soon as we boarded the plane and the other 22 people in first class seemed a little worried but I quickly calmed down. It was a 4 hour flight and I was very good. I did not sleep a wink but mommy and I played at I had a great time. We had over 2 hours to kill in Denver. I don't think mommy had much fun but I was having a blast and running all over the place. The plane to Pierre was TINY. It held 19 people. I just sat on mommy's lap and finally fell asleep right after take off. I even missed the turbulence when we flew threw a storm and mommy and I went flying up into the air. I opened my eyes after that but did not make a peep! We arrived in Pierre and uncle Corey drove us the hour to Gettysburg. In all, it was about 11.5 hours from the time we left our house to the time we arrived at Reagan and Harrison's. I went right to sleep and slept about 7 hours!

Thursday was a fun day. We drove the dogs to the river to get groomed and just played around the house. Thursday night we had a crazy storm that I slept through. The tornado sirens went off and mommy almost had to get me out of bed to take me to the basement. Fortunately for us, the tornadoes stayed just south of us. The power went out, though. Mommy, Aunt Karen and Uncle Corey stayed up and watched the lightning and had a blast!

Here are a few pictures of our day.
Yesterday was another fun day. We walked to the bakery for donut hole day. I don't really like donuts but I still had fun. Then we walked to Corey's dad's office and played there for a few minutes. We took a nap in the afternoon and then played some more. After we went to bed, mommy, Karen and Corey went to Corey's high school reunion. Mommy said it was very fun and very interesting!
Today was the BIG day! It is the quasquicentenial and today was the parade. Uncle Corey had a float in the parade and we got to ride on the float and pass out Frisbees! It was VERY windy but I had a blast! I waved and said HI to everyone. When we hit the end of the parade, we went to watch the rest with Corey's parents. I saw horses and tractors and a combine! Wait until you see that picture!
Tonight, mommy, Karen and Corey are going to the STREET DANCE... Basically a BIG block party with music and dancing on the street! We will be asleep by then!

That is all for now. More soon. Hope you enjoyed the pictures.

PS, I really miss my daddy and Pooper! I cannot wait for daddy to get out here. I talk about him all day long!!!

No comments: