Background

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Adventures in Bethesda...

Well, yesterday was a very busy day. After breakfast, mommy and I took a walk with Liz from across the street and her son (my new boyfriend) JP. We walked up to Starbucks and then around the neighborhood. Sad part of that adventure was that I threw one of my stuffed frogs out of the stroller and mommy was clearly not paying enough attention to me and did not notice... He is gone!

After our walk, I took a BRIEF nap but it gave mom time to do chores around the house. Then we went to Target and Babies R Us. That was fun and I got another straw sippy cup and another movie for my first plane ride next week! We came home and ate lunch. I had my first hot dog and I LOVED it. I ate the ENTIRE thing (except the ends... yuck).

We played and then... another nap! I was tired; I had bags under my eyes. BUT, I wanted to keep playing. Meanwhile, mommy desperately needed a shower because she was taking me to a party later in the afternoon! She put me down and I cried for about 15 minutes. I settled down and slept for about 5 minutes. She finished getting dressed and let me cry for 5 more minutes, just to see if I would go back down. I would not... She walked in and found me, my crib and my blankets to be semi-covered in blood... I did it again! My frenulum was cut and it was bleeding. Poor mommy... I really enjoy torturing her! Fortunately, daddy got home just in time and we cleaned me and my room up.

After we put clean clothes on me, mommy and I headed out to a party! Her old boss invited us to their grand opening of one of their offices. I had been there before to visit Aunt Kym but this time there was food, booze and a BAND! I loved the music (and I think they loved me too). We saw lots of old friends and had a great time. I think mommy really enjoyed being out and I was very friendly and even let people hold me! It was fun. Mommy just wished she had the camera to take pictures of me crawling around the pub!

Daddy made me grilled cheese for dinner when I got home and we ate and got ready for bed. Mommy was very nervous about putting me down and, while I did not go right to sleep, I did not beat myself up either!

This morning, mommy and I went on another walk. It is still cold here so mommy bundled me up in this blue Villanova fleece outfit that we had sent to Reagan and Harrison back in the day! You cannot see the Villanova logo but mommy still took a picture...
That is all for now. Believe it or not, I am "napping" and crying again so mommy has to stop typing for me and check to make sure there is no blood!!!

Lots of Love,

Abs

No comments: