On Thursday afternoon, Daddy took us to the airport. Things went great. We had no problems checking our bags and we made it through security with no major issues. Then we took the "people mover" from the main terminal to the gate. Here are pictures of me waiting to board the plane.
We made it through security so quickly that there was a lot of time to spare so I played on the floor of the airport near our gate with my toys and we walked all around the airport waiting until it was time for us to board.
Here I am on the plane...
I was really not sure of this airplane thing. The plane was REALLY small and we had a hard time fitting down the aisle but there was a nice man who helped mommy carry her bags so that helped. I was good for take off. Mommy poured some Danimals yogurt into a sippy cup and I just drank that. After we were in the air, though, I wanted out of my seat. Mommy let me sit on her lap but I did not want to sit. I stood up and pulled on the chair in front of me. I stared at the people behind us and waved. I started throwing food and toys. Mommy started to worry. About an hour into the flight, I was crawling all over the seats and mommy was sweating! She decided to give me some "nummy numms" - I don't know what it was (some sort of red liquid) but next thing I knew, we were on the ground in St. Louis.
After we got the luggage and the car, we went to Aunt Karrie's office to get her. From there, we went to Target to get my food and then we played at Karrie's house until it was time for bed... I did NOT want to go down when mommy left me in the bedroom. I cried and it was sad. Eventually, I went to sleep... Mommy and Karrie proceeded to drink A LOT of wine and then I woke mommy up at 4:30! She was less than thrilled but we managed.
Friday was cold but mostly sunny so we went to the zoo. First, we went to Lion's Choice (one of mommy's favorite places). I liked the food there but not as much as mommy! Then we went to the zoo. It was so fun. Here are a few pictures. Two funny things that happened at the zoo... 1) A monkey walked all the way down from the top of his room to the glass where we were standing... he turned around and stuck his butt in our faces (picture below) and 2) we saw 2 hippos doing something that I am not supposed to even KNOW about for a long time!!! We also got to see lots of penguins (up close) and baby elephants!
When we left the zoo, we got to see mommy's friend Lis' kids (Will, Talle, and Sydney). We only saw them for a second but mommy and I went to Will's lacrosse game later Friday night so we saw them again. They live in South Bend but were down for some lacrosse games. Will's game was at night and it was very windy and cold so we did not stay long but mommy had a chance to catch up with Lis and I got to play with Talle.Saturday was cold, windy and rainy. It was miserable. We really just stayed home and played. I took at GREAT nap (almost 2.5 hours). By the time I woke up, it was about time to head to O'Fallon to visit the family. It was so great to see everyone. I wish mommy had taken pictures. I got to meet Aunt Connie, Aunt Jeanne, Uncle Ted and the cousins (Steph, Andrea, Lauren, Ellen and Sara) and Lauren and Ellen's husbands (Lloyd and Brandon) and Lauren's son Austin (he is only about 5 months but he is bigger than me!!!). We had a great time catching up. When we got back to Karrie's, her boyfriend Mike was over to cook dinner for mommy and aunt Karrie. He played with me for a little while before I had to go to bed. Mommy took a few shots of me in my pjs...
Sunday was a relaxing day. We just played, I napped, mommy packed. Aunt Karrie's dad, stepmom and stepbrother came over to play with me before we had to go to the airport. The trip home went great (especially since mommy was not feeling too hot that day). The people at Hertz drove us straight to the airport so mommy did not have to lug everything up and down the shuttle bus stairs. We got through security with no issues and the TSA people helped mommy gather her belongings and get me back in my seat/stroller. We ate a lot of oranges and some left over hot dogs. Mommy gave me some more of that red stuff and we hung out. We boarded the plane. I was a little squirmy and fussy but I drank my bottle during take off and I was asleep a few minutes later. I slept until we landed. I was so happy to see daddy when we got off the plane (and rode the people mover and walked through the terminal... it took forever). We gather our bags and headed home so I could play with daddy and Pooper!
It was a really fun trip and I had fun but I am also VERY happy to be home with my daddy.
Today, I went to school for the morning. Then mommy came and brought me over to my grandma and grandpa's house. I am there now playing!!! My life is so fun.
More soon.
Thanks again, Aunt Karrie, for taking such great care of me this weekend!!!
Love, Abbey
No comments:
Post a Comment