Background

Monday, July 16, 2007

Can't Smile Without You!

Okay, that is a Barry Manilow song for those of you who are not hip! Mommy plays his music for me and sings to me sometimes. She is teaching me all about "good classic" music (you should see daddy roll his eyes)!

As much as mommy hates to type this, I had a good night and a good day. It is not that she does not want me to thrive but fears putting it in writing will jinx my future behavior! I slept from about 10 until 2:30 last night. Then I ate 3.5 ounces and went right back to sleep. I woke up again around 5:30 and ate 2 more ounces and fell back to sleep as soon as mommy put me in her bed. I did not wake up again until 8!!! So far today, I have eaten 16 ounces and I am almost ready to eat my dinner (it was really closer to 16.5 but I spit some up so mommy won't count it). I know that may not sound like a lot to some of you who have kids who like to eat but we went some days where that was all that I would eat in a 24 hour period (if even that much). We still have 6 hours left in this day!

I had a nice surprise today. My pops came over on his way to a meeting at Suburban. I was just starting to cry when he rang the doorbell. Mommy was worried that I was not going to behave but as soon as daddy handed me over to Pops, I calmed down. I even smiled (and mommy got it on film). I had fun with him and he rocked me for a long time before he had to leave.

I also got some more presents today (it is almost mommy's birthday and I am the one getting presents, I LOVE it). One present was a Lamaze toy dog that barks and has a rattle and lots of fun colors. Mommy attached it to my swing so I could stare at him AND the other 3 fun toys on the swing. I smiled then too (but mommy was not quick enough to capture that moment).

Well, just wanted to report that I was in a good mood and doing well. Keep your fingers crossed that I am on the upswing! One day at a time, that is our motto!

See ya!

No comments: