Well, mommy, Casey and I headed to South Dakota for Thanksgiving to see my cousins. I was so excited.
Here I am before we left in the costumes I made at school for the holiday.
We were concerned because everyone around here was getting sick and I was having play date after play date canceled. Mommy was so concerned that she actually told Karen she was afraid she was calling to cancel the trip because someone was sick one day when she called. Karen assured us she was just calling to check in!
So we headed to South Dakota. As usual, it was not an EASY trip...
but we survived!
We flew into a new airport, Aberdeen, because Delta canceled their route to Pierre. Corey, Karen, Reagan and Harrison were there to greet us! I was so excited!!! On our drive home, Karen received a call from day care. Kennedy was sick. Uh oh!
And so it went... Kennedy, then Madison, then Harrison, then Karen, then Casey, then me (I thought I was going to die), then mommy. Lucky for Corey and Reagan, they seemed to escape it!
Reagan and Harrison's blog's first picture of our trip seems to sum it up... a BUCKET! We passed around that bucket for a few days!
While we were all pretty sick, when asked now about my Thanksgiving, my response is simple. "It was AWESOME! I got to go to South Dakota to see my cousins!" So, it clearly did not have a lingering impression on my visit!
Because we were so sick, very few pictures were taken - especially good ones. Most of them happened on cell phones. Looking back on the pictures, though, it is clear to all of us that fun WAS had by all - at least at one time or another.
Reagan, Harrison and I made a trip to the mini mall for lunch one day. We made silly faces for mommy's phone so she could send them to daddy!
Casey enjoyed dinner one night!
We had fun at dinner. Another silly picture for daddy!
Here is Casey enjoying a quiet breakfast on Thanksgiving morning (he enjoyed waking up EARLY out there... 3AM the first morning, and then 5, and then 5:30, etc).
Here is Casey in his Thanksgiving outfit.
He played...
and played.
It was "nice" outside so the twins and Casey went out to play. Casey really liked the slide...
And the snow...
We played in the basement. Here I am giving Casey some Thanksgiving LOVE!
And Reagan too!
I sure love Reagan.
Harrison got sick on Thanksgiving so mommy took us healthy kids to the shed. Casey loved it. He ran...
and we both ran...
I really loved the scooter...
Karen caught the bug on Friday... here she is miserable under a blanket!
We decided it was best to leave her to take care of the twins... so Corey, mommy, Casey, Reagan, Harrison and I headed down to Pierre for some McDonald's (if that doesn't make a grownup feel like they have stomach flu, we don't know what does). We then went to the capital to see the trees and the geese!
Corey was smart enough to wrap our feet in plastic bags to keep them free from geese droppings (every one there was so jealous of his brilliance!)
And here I am on Saturday. It was bad... I don't think I have ever felt this bad. I asked mommy why God would make people sick. She cried...
I cannot wait to get back there and really appreciate the hospitality of Karen and Corey and my cousins!
We are gearing up for Christmas! I cannot wait!
Tomorrow, mommy and I are heading to have cookies with Santa at her high school, Holy Cross! I cannot wait. We promise to take pictures and post them soon.




















No comments:
Post a Comment