Background

Friday, October 15, 2010

Quick Post by Mom

Scott is at work, Abbey is at school, Casey is asleep in the swing and Lola is long gone (boo). I should probably be asleep since Casey was not too into that last night but I wanted to post something really fast because I do not know when our lives will let us post again.

Abbey and I had a great trip to South Dakota. She loved being with her cousins. We love Gettysburg - everything about it is just so great to us. We love the people, the location (except how long it takes to get there), the small town feel and how welcome everyone always makes us feel when we are there. We had so much fun and I did not take nearly enough pictures to cap it all off but here is a run down of our trip.


We arrived on Monday. Karen and the 4 kids came to pick us up. Abbey was great on the flights out and was happy to sit in the back with Reagan and Harrison on the way home. During the week, Abbey played with Harrison a lot while Reagan was in school. The weather was exceptionally warm (especially since that time last year it was snowing). We celebrated the twins first birthday on Wednesday. We went to the park on Thursday. We went to Storybook Land in Aberdeen on Friday. Saturday we went to the Browns shed (thanks for hosting us, Browns). We watched the ND game and Reagan even let Abbey drive her car (with a little help). Sunday we went to Pierre to play at the YMCA and then do a little shopping. Monday we flew home. It was a fast trip but full of great memories.


Here are a few pictures.


Here I am on the way to South Dakota.
The twins don't like the new baby gate leading to the basement.
Kennedy LOVES her little lamb.
We went on a girl scout field trip to watch the salmon run (they were not running anywhere while we were there).
While there, I climbed rocks while Reagan and Harrison fished.
I dressed up while I was there in my favorite Princess outfit.
Here are the twins on their 1st birthday.
And here we are at the park.
Driving to Aberdeen (haha Reagan).
At Storybook Land.
Before the "Go Battlers" game.
At the game... we rolled down the hills.
And Harrison watched the game with dad.
At the shed.
This is how twins take a bath.
And here I am riding to the airport to go home.
Lola's last day was Wednesday. We took her home after taking Abbey to school. We have been managing okay on our own. Casey is still dealing with some reflux issues but he is doing okay. We miss Lola though. She had become a part of our family and it was hard to say goodbye. We did get a few pictures before she left.
Don't we both look so sad...
The new family!
Okay, almost time to pick Abbey up from school and Casey is screaming so I better go.

No comments: