Background

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Oh What A Night...

Daddy is away tonight in Staunton, Virginia. He is on his annual Fall Foliage Tour of the Shenandoah. We did not realize just how much we were going to miss him until about two hours ago... First, let me fill you in on life since our last post.

We continue to miss Lola DESPERATELY! Casey is definitely colicky. The time is changing a little but it is lasting a few hours and it is hard for my mommy and daddy. I am very aware of the extra stress (which makes my mommy very sad). I am always asking "Mommy, are you frustrated?" or "Mommy, will you be happy again tomorrow?" Fortunately, they have found a few things that usually work and the evenings have been getting easier. The last few nights, however, have been hard. Casey is great about falling asleep around 7 or 8 and sleeping until about 2 or 3. When he wakes up for that feeding, he does not like to go back to sleep. He is also exhibiting some classic Abbey moves. The big one right now is acting like he is starving but then pushing the bottle away and not eating when he is fed. Mommy is not sure if its reflux or just a phase. Whatever it is, she is not sleeping much and having a hard time with it all. But, we keep telling ourselves that I was like this too (for 8 months) and that it did get better and easier and look how great I turned out!


Mommy, Casey and I had planned a weekend to the beach but she canceled the trip because she did not feel safe driving to the beach with us after such little sleep. I was a little disappointed at first but with a few new movies, a promise of a late night up with mommy while daddy was away and a trip to Pumpkinville, I was okay!


So today, we went to Pumpkinville. Papa and Grandma were kind enough to take Casey for the day so we had a mommy/daughter adventure. I LOVED Pumpkinville. We were there before the crowds showed up was great. We have pictures which you can see below.


After our trip and picking up Casey, we came home. Casey screamed (one of his best colic performances, by the way). I tried to stay up late and watch a movie with mommy but mommy was not with me and I could not really hear the movie. I ate dinner and then proceeded to leave it all over 5 rooms when I could not make it to the bathroom in time. I was puking, Casey was screaming and mommy was crying. It was quite a site... And hence, why we were really missing daddy tonight. Casey screamed for 45 minutes straight while mommy cleaned me and the house up... He did not even slow down or quiet at all. We are both asleep now, though, and mommy is enjoying a glass of wine, a piece of pizza and some good Mizzou football.


Here are a few pictures to share.


Casey and I watching TV (well, me watching TV while holding Casey).
I loved modeling daddy's hat.
The castle blow up slide was my first stop and it was great.
Then there was the bouncy house that I had all to myself.
And the rope swing by the pirate ship.
Another blow up slide.
This was a HUGE slide... It was so fast and fun (even mommy went on it).
Unfortunately, it was not as much fun for another mommy who broke her ankle while coming down right after me (and you could actually see the break... ouch).
And I was a cat today...
Otherwise, things are good ;-) We are going to be fine - we are just hoping these next few months fly by (and for those who say not to wish this time away, mommy thinks they either never experienced this or they are just insane!).

More soon.

No comments: