Well, where do I start... Mommy almost posted something a few days ago but was too tired to type!
I spent last weekend with Papa and Grandma so mommy and daddy could ditch me and go to the beach. I was pretty excited about the visit but also did not really want mommy and daddy to leave. When we arrived, there were cleaning people there. Have I mentioned that I am a little afraid of cleaning people, particularly their vacuums. Well, that made the start to the weekend a little rough. Mommy and daddy stayed with me until they left, though, and then I was fine. I played with Evelyn all day on Friday and had a blast. I kept Papa and Grandma busy the next two days. Mommy and daddy said they had fun too.
While mommy and daddy where driving to come and get me, a terrible storm came through the area. Mommy was a little nervous driving through NE DC with debris (from trees to trash to large pieces of tin) flying towards them. She really thought she was driving into a tornado (turns out they were straight line winds but still very strong). They managed to get to Papa's house to pick me up - only to find out that our house had no power. We went home to check on Pooper and after a few hours, decided it was best to check into a hotel (reports were that power might not be restored for 5 days).
We stayed at a hotel for 2 days. In that time, my fear of cleaning people escalated to new heights and by the time we checked out on Tuesday, I refused to let go of mommy or daddy - I would not walk, or sit on the bed or anything. Mommy called a therapist. Fortunately, Uncle Licamele was able to refer someone to us and mommy was able to see him last night. Needless to say, they have a lot of work to do with me...
The work started today. Our cleaning crew came in this morning and we became the desensitization process. I did VERY well and was very brave. We are not out of the woods yet but we are getting there. We have a few other issues to work on but mommy is happy that we have started to get a little help. I don't know how much I am going to like this therapy thing though... I can already start to feel a loss of control over them! I guess I was not supposed to have that anyway!!!
After my brave day with the cleaning people, we went to the mall to use my Build-A-Bear gift card. I bought a kitty cat and a doctor outfit... I now have a Dr. Cat (who I named Dr. Mr. Head - even though it is a girl cat).
Mommy and I are heading to the beach on Friday for the weekend to visit Pops and Gams. Aunt Mindy is coming with us so I am very excited!!!
I have a few pictures to post. Mommy will try to do that tonight after I go to sleep. For now, I have to get back to playing.
No comments:
Post a Comment