Background

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Children's Hospital

Well, we were "lucky" and Dr. Kerzner had a cancellation for this morning. He was able to squeeze me in for an Endoscopy and a pH Probe. Mommy, daddy and I woke up super early this morning and headed down to Children's Hospital. I was NOT looking forward to it (in fact, it was a struggle to even get me buckled in to my car seat this morning). I was much calmer by the time we arrived at the hospital.

We were there by 6, checked in by 6:30, and back in the procedure room by 7:30. Here is a picture of me waiting for my procedures - and my baby too.

Everyone there was so nice. I had such great nurses. Dr. Kerzner was there and the anesthesiologist let me pick the smell of my gas mask (I picked bubble gum). I got lots of stickers and 3 stuffed animals too! And Papa came to surprise me, which helped a lot.

I was given some Verset to make me giggly and calm. Then I got the "Darth Vader" mask. I was out quick. Before mommy, daddy and Papa knew it, the procedure was over. I was a little freaked out when I woke up with a wire coming out of my nose but I managed to keep it in. Here I am in the recovery room.

Fortunately, the Corrigans were in Baltimore today so we headed there for the afternoon. It was great to see all of them. We went to the aquarium and even got to see a dolphin show! It was a great way to pass the time.
I am exhausted now but having a difficult time falling asleep with this thing in my nose. Mommy and daddy are taking turns sleeping with me. Hopefully tonight passes quickly. We get to take this thing out tomorrow a little after 10! Fingers crossed that we make it that long.

We will let you know what we find out but Dr. Kerzner did say that the endoscopy looked "good" - not sure what that means exactly but we were happy to hear it!

1 comment:

desertgramma said...

Howwzitt goin' girl? We love you and that nose hose will be out of you soon. OH! WAIT! It's already out of you...silly Gramma....xoxox