Background

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Home Again!

Well, we are back from the beach, again. We had a nice (and VERY eventful) trip but did not do much... I will explain in a moment.

Before we left, I decided that I was having a baby like my mommy. Here I am with a baby in my belly... and then she came out! I thought it was pretty funny!

We left Tuesday morning for the beach. We made great time and had an easy drive. We unpacked, settled in and started playing. A few minutes later I said "Mommy, I want monkey, puppy, pink blankie."

Well, if you don't know me well enough, you may not know that those are my "friends" - my 3 blankets that I MUST have to sleep. I smell them and make a funny noise with my mouth and it helps me fall asleep. One time, I left them at Papa's house after a sleepover and it was a DISASTER! I survived that night but it was not pretty. Well, guess what... they were at home on the couch.

So, I did what you would expect, I LOST it. How could this happen? I told mommy that if they could not be at the beach then I did "not want to have a sleep over at the beach." I wanted to go home and get them but then come back but mommy said that was not an option.

A few hours later, daddy had talked me into finding "beach" blankets to help get us through the next day or two (and he said that Pooh was so happy to have my blankies to keep him company at home). We drove to 2 stores and actually found monkey and puppy... and then we found a beautiful "beach pink blankie." I was set (although mommy was afraid of what bed time would be like but it turned out okay).
Here are pictures of my new friends...
We finally got to take daddy out for crabs. We tried the Old Mill Crabhouse in Ocean City. Daddy LOVED it. I ate a decent dinner and then mommy and I headed out to play. I found this great patio that was open where I could run and dance. I ran and I danced and I ran...
And I fell...
I took quite a beating... Look at this GIGANTIC ouchie.
I did not walk until late today, I could not do anything on my own (okay, so I was being a bit of a drama queen but it literally kept us in the house all day yesterday). While playing yesterday, we pulled out my inflatable beds that I insisted mommy bring down the last time we were here. Inside one she found my original FAKE blankies (the ones mommy bought when mine started to wear out and she thought they could be used interchangeably - HA!). Here they are...
Anyway, we had a great time. We had crabs and candy kitchen and fractured prune and we played TONS and I was carried around the last two days like the princess that I am so, in my eyes, all is perfect. Here are just a few pictures from our day in the house of play.
We are home for a while now! Jenny (from Papa's house) is coming over Saturday to take me to Chuck E. Cheese and Sunday I have Little Gym and a family bbq at my cousin Sandy's house. They have a pool and there will be lots of little cousins for me to play with! We hope to have more pictures soon!

No comments: