First, the Green Bananas raised over $27,000 and there is still more money coming in. We finished 8th out of 497 teams. The race itself raised almost 2 million dollars.
It was an emotional day for everyone. We really appreciate the love and support from all of our family and friends. Carmen was watching over us and we know she is proud!
Here are a few pictures from the walk.
Here are daddy and I with Jenny, Lindsey and Justin at the Metro on the way downtown.
Here I am with Lindsey, Justin and Ryanne waiting to start the race.
Here are a few members of the Green Bananas... Christina, Liz, Mr. Schnarr, Pops, Gams and Kevin (in the background) walking behind us.
Here are Thomas and Mrs. Schnarr walking ahead of us.
After we turned around, we stopped to play in the fountain for a bit. It was nice and cool and refreshing!
Here is a picture of half of the Green Bananas. Pops organized a little get together for some of us after the race so we could eat and catch up for a little bit before everyone had to head home.
Here is the ND crew... Mommy and her college roommates with Carmen's husband Thomas and her mom and dad (Paul and Diane).
Here are mommy and Jenny (and Justin).
Another shot of the ND girls.
And here are Lindsey and I with daddy on the way home.
It was a great time. I had a great weekend. I loved having everyone at our house. I am a little exhausted (as are mommy and daddy) but very excited for my big day tomorrow and then my birthday party next weekend.More soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment