Minus the football, I had a wonderful time this weekend. I had a great visit with Aunt Kym at work on Friday. After our visit, I went to Little Gym to do a makeup class.
Saturday we drove out to Luray, Virginia to my first reenactment. It was a beautiful drive and, as long as daddy was sitting in the back with me, I was very good in the car! The reenactment was not scheduled to start until 2 and we arrived at 10AM but it was still great. We walked around the battlefield, saw the guys dressed up, saw lots of horses. We ate this special indian taco bread with cherries inside... yum! There was a civil war hospital set up in a church that we went to also! There were all sorts of limbs from the soldiers at the entrance to the hospital. I was fascinated by them and kept trying to pick them up! It was a great trip and I cannot wait until daddy does his reenactment next month (mommy might even dress me up). Unfortunately, mommy forgot the camera AGAIN so there are no pictures.
On the way home, we drove into the mountains and then I fell asleep! Saturday night, I was able to visit with Aunt Mindy, Uncle Mike, Uncle Donny, Aunt Jenn and Uncle Barry before bed. It was so great to see them!
Daddy took me over to go fishing with Papa on Sunday morning. We went out to his boat and I caught ANOTHER fish... a big old catfish! Then we went to the club for some lunch. After that, we picked up Grandma and Evelyn and drove out to the country again. They took me to the wineries. I helped Papa pick out wine and collected rocks and ran all over! It was a great day. I was exhausted when I came home last night (and even wanted to sleep in this morning but could not).
Today was NOT filled with all good things but I was really a BIG girl! Mommy and I drove down to Georgetown to see a pediatric orthopedist. My doctor was Dr. Delahay who is a good friend of Papa's (and someone that mommy knew from her childhood). He took very good care of me. I had pictures taken of my knees and did a great job "posing" for the camera. Everything looked good. I was hoping to go to Little Gym after but it took a long time and he also wanted me to get some blood work done just to rule out Lyme Disease. So, we headed to Papa's office for blood work! This was the first time I had blood taken from my arm! I cried but Papa held me in his lap and it was over very fast. Mommy took me to McDonalds after since I was so good! And then, we stopped at the grocery store and I got popsicles too!
I am napping now!!! Mommy is certain Papa will have some pictures and she will post them as soon as she can!
Oh, mommy also has pictures of me in my ND cheerleading outfit (and a video of me cheering). She is still in mourning over the loss but as soon as she can move on, she will post those too!
No comments:
Post a Comment