Background

Friday, September 4, 2009

Big (But Tired) Girl

I just wanted to report something to you all (more so mommy has a record of it than anything else). I went to the doctor today and I weighed 27 pounds!!! This is up from almost 24 pounds at 2 years so we are pleased.

Today was a very hard day for me. I woke up at 3 to go pee but went right back to sleep. I woke up at 5:23 for good! It was early, too early for me (and mommy and daddy). I had a rough morning. We scrapped the big outing to Target. I was supposed to go see Papa and get my Flu-mist but I refused to go. I through a 45 minute (straight) tantrum that involved a lot of crying and some throwing and hitting. I finally calmed down and mommy decided we should scrap the doctor visit this morning. I refused to get dressed or change my diaper. Mommy finally got that accomplished (although the only thing I would wear was my Snow White costume). We headed downstairs and called Papa. I asked mommy what he said when she hung up and she told me he was a little sad. I decided then that I wanted to go see him!

So, we headed to Papa's office. I also had to get a urine culture... that was interesting. I did not want to go in a cup so they attached a bag to me. I did not like that at all. Three hours later we were all still hanging out at Papa's office waiting for pee to come. Just before they wanted to stick a catheter in me, Jennifer (my nurse) asked me if I wanted to try to go on the potty again. This time I said YES and I did it!!! Dr. Sexter was away but Papa thought I should get checked out so Dr. Warfield saw me. He did a very thorough exam and I looked good. We are not sure what is going on with me but I am fine. I just have had a little fever and tummy ache lately. I have been throwing up a little more than normal so mommy is paranoid about the reflux again (she has her issues that make her more nervous than she probably needs to be). Anyway, I am fine for now!

After 4 hours at the office (!!!) we headed for home - after a quick trip through the McDonald's drive-thru. I napped for 15 minutes in Papa's office and that was all I thought I needed. Needless to say, the remainder of the afternoon was a little rough but mommy and I went into their jacuzzi tub (I through the cordless phone in - oops). I fell asleep on the couch at 5:40 (I was naked too). Daddy moved me to bed. I woke up an hour later, cracked my head on my bed and was still out! Mommy put some clothes on me and this is where I am right now. Lets hope I get some good sleep tonight because we have a BIG party at Mike and Mindy's tomorrow night!!!

Sorry there are no pictures and this was lots of babble but mommy likes to record my "rough" days to use against me someday!

No comments: