Background

Sunday, November 4, 2007

My Birthday!

I am officially 1/2 a year old. Yesterday was my birthday and it was a great day. I woke up at 6 and mommy brought me into bed with her and daddy. We spent a few hours in bed playing with my musical instruments. Then we all took a quick nap.

Daddy then took me over to visit with Grandma and Grandpa while mommy went to Target. I had a great time and even got to open presents. I LOVE paper so I thought tearing paper off a package was the greatest thing. Grandma and Grandpa bought me a cake too. You can see in this picture that I put my hand right in it. You will also see from the next picture that I had some of that cake (really I got more on me than in my mouth). I REALLY loved the chocolate (but mommy was not that happy).
When daddy brought me home, mommy took me over to visit Uncle Barry and Aunt Jenn. They also gave me a present - it was a pink Redskins onsie. We played for a while and looked at their wedding pictures. It was fun!

When we came back, mommy put together a present that Pops and Gams bought me. It is a floor mat that we pieced together (well, mommy pieced it together). Now I can play on the floor in my official "play room" without banging my head on the hard word floor. I played with some of the new toys that mommy and daddy gave me.
Later that night, Uncle Mike and Aunt Mindy came over for a visit. I played with them while we watched Notre Dame lose for the first time in 44 years to Navy. Mommy was very unhappy but she got over it! We also watched this great video that Aunt Karen and Uncle Corey put together of my baptism! It was great.

Then mommy took me to bed. I was NOT happy and screamed for about 20 minutes. After that, though, I slept for 9 hours, ate and then went back to sleep until 7 (which was really 8 because of the time change).

Mommy and I went to the mall today. Now we are watching the Redskins and I am taking a nap (see). I guess yesterday wore me out!

By the way, there is a new link to the left of my 7th month photos. We will try to update regularly.

Talk to you all soon.

Love, Big Girl Abbey

No comments: