Background

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving from the Palumbos! We hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. We definitely did. We have a lot to write about and not much time to write so this will be quick.

First, here are a few pictures that we took of Casey and I before the "Brown Family Invasion." Daddy really loves the picture of Casey in his bathtub because he loved the part of his hair. Mommy really loves the picture of Casey in his bathtub without water because that is HONESTLY his favorite seat (and we have 3 bouncy chairs and he does not love any of them). And I love the picture of me giving my pony a bath!

Last Saturday, my cousins (Reagan, Harrison, Madison and Kennedy) and Aunt Karen and Uncle Corey arrived from South Dakota. They stayed with us and it was quite an adventure. We definitely had a full house but I loved every minute of it. And we were very lucky to have other visitors too.

Saturday was just about getting them settled in the house. Everyone was very tired from the long journey. Sunday, my cousin Bobby, Aunt Jenn and Uncle Kevin came over. My mom's cousin Ellen and her husband Brandon also came over. We had a great brunch and I played with all of my cousins.

After they left, we headed to the park (all cousins, aunts and uncles) and played. We took a few pictures - and as you can see, we had a blast.
Here is Casey with Uncle Corey!
Oh, and Casey is starting to sit in his bumbo. Here he is sitting in it and watching football!
Bobby had to go to school on Monday but Aunt Karen took us big kids to the dentist with her. Doc took us all for a ride in the chair and we got our pictures taken and got to play with "Mr. Thirsty." After that, we headed to the mall so Uncle Corey could get some new work clothes (he is a big wig now in the senate and needed to look the part). While they shopped, we played in the play area and on the "rides." When mommy started to run out of things for us to do, we went to Build a Bear and made reindeer.
I had school on Tuesday but Reagan and Harrison came up to see me in our class Thanksgiving parade. I loved that they could be there (I was sad that Bobby had his own school, though, and could not be there).
Wednesday, Bobby and I had school again but after school, we all headed to Chuck E Cheese to celebrate Reagan's birthday. Once again, we had a blast!
Thursday was Thanksgiving. We started the day by painting our nails (and Casey posed for his first Thanksgiving day picture). Before heading to Pops and Gams' house, daddy took Casey and I to see Papa and Grandma. I had a great time and ran Papa all over the neighborhood. We tried to take a picture with Pops, Gams and all the grandkids... We took lots of pictures but never managed to get a great one (I was a big part of the problem because I did not want my picture taken and made it quite evident in the photos). We also played on the bouncy house that Pops let us set up in the basement! It was a crazy night but everyone had fun.
Yesterday was Casey's baptism. Mommy was a little sick and Casey was not eating (he ate 5 ounces all day) but everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. It was a great ceremony with Father John and everyone behaved very well. Once again, we had a party back at Pops and Gams' house and played and ate and enjoyed ourselves!
Today was a sad day because Reagan (and Harrison and Madison and Kennedy - and Karen and Corey) all had to go home. It was very hard to go to bed alone in my room (I had been sharing with Reagan and Harrison this past week). I am finally asleep (and we hope it stays that way). Casey did a better job eating today though and mommy is finally starting to feel better so that is good! The house is very quiet...

We hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We are thankful for all of you and appreciate you following me (and Casey) on my blog! Love you all. Now bring on Christmas!!!

No comments: