That being said, I would hate for you to think that I am not the same genius that I was at the age of 1 so I will tell you a little story about Sunday and Monday night! First, you have to know that I MUST sleep with my 3 friends... monkey, puppy and pink blankie. This is a MUST or I will cry and cry and cry. Sunday night is when the real dislike for sleep started... Fortunately, mommy and daddy have experienced this in the past and are well aware of my talent for self-induced vomiting! Now, they lay blankies outside my bed so instead of scrubbing the floor, they pick up the blankies and throw them in the wash. Well, on Sunday, I had thrown my friends out of bed and they were laying below when I decided to get sick. My friends had to go in the wash. The last time I did this, mommy and daddy let me stay up while they were getting cleaned. They are pros now and know this was a BIG mistake so they made me go to sleep without my friends. I cried and cried but finally fell asleep. Monday... I was one night wiser! I threw up again. This time, I had thrown my friends out but I just threw up in my crib. When mommy came in to clean me and everything else up, I looked at her, smiled (with a twinkle in my eye) and said "I did not throw up on monkey, puppy, pink blankie!" Mommy did not seem as excited as I was!
Anyway, we know this is a stage and the crying spurts have decreased tremendously. It just hurts mommy and daddy when I cry!
So, that explains the long delay in posting. Here are some pictures from my party. The rest are in the album - with a link on the side on this blog. PS, If you were NOT invited to the party, it was because mommy and daddy tried to keep it small... We only invited the local immediate family and godfather.
Here I am outside posing. Aunt Sheila was trying to help me pose for pictures!
Here I am with Grandma and Aunt Jenny (my cousin Bobby is hanging out in the background)!
Here are mommy and I right before we sang Happy Birthday! Mommy does not like the picture but I insisted we post at least one!
And daddy and I eating my cupcake!
I opened LOTS of presents! Thank you to everyone who bought gifts... I received so many fun presents and thoughtful gifts!
Don't I just look fabulous in my new shades???
As we had posted last week, I was supposed to walk with mommy and daddy in the Race for Hope to support Brain Cancer on my actual birthday. Baby Ryanne, Uncle Barry and Aunt Jenn were going to walk too! I was so excited. The first thing I said when I woke up on Sunday was "Go walk with Baby Ryanne." Unfortunately were were (and still are) in a period of consecutive days of rain (with the .01 inches of rain we had today, it is 10 straight days with more rain expected tomorrow). Sunday was one of the worst days we had. That and the fact that I had a little cough for the few days prior and Baby Ryanne was a little cough-y too, meant that I could not go on the walk. Mommy and Uncle Barry went and had a great time. Barry's daddy walked too. Mommy said it was an amazing event, even though they were soaked by the end. We plan to make this an annual outing and hope to have an even bigger team next year (for those of you who might be interested in joining us). Thanks again to all of the generous support we received. Our team raised a total of $3,210!!!
And, as you can see from the top of the blog, it is official... Mommy and I are going to South Dakota on July 1st! I cannot wait to get there. I told mommy I wanted to take a truck to get there but I am fine with a plane.
More soon!
Love, Abs
No comments:
Post a Comment