Background

Friday, May 29, 2009

A Great Weekend (and short week)

We had a great long holiday weekend, although very few pictures to show for it! Mommy and I were home on Friday. We had my last makeup class for Little Gym (so now I only get to go once a week). It was fun and I will miss Miss Kelly as my teacher!

Saturday was a crazy fun day although it did not start off that way! I have been begging to ride the merry-go-round. So, while my "boyfriend" (that is really what I call him) went to Cabin John, we went to Glen Echo to ride the carousel. We arrived right after 10:30. The signs says "tours" begin at 10:30 so we thought we had made perfect timing... We were not sure what they meant by "tours" but we figured we would learn a little about the history of the carousel and then get to ride. Nope! The riding of the merry-go-round did not start until noon! You should have seen me! My lower lip folded down and I buried my head in daddy's shoulder and just cried and cried! We decided it was best to leave and headed to Cabin John. We missed JP and it was really close to lunch and nap time but there was enough time for me to ride the train so that cheered me up a little! After my nap, we headed to Uncle Barry, Aunt Jenn and Baby Ryanne's house for a bbq and party! I had a great time playing with Ryanne and little Sam (although he is not so little really). I was so tired from the day that I went to sleep with little fuss at all!

Sunday we headed to McLean to another park with a merry-go-round! This park is great. There is so much to climb on. Papa met us there and I rode on the carousel with daddy while he and mommy watched! We ran around for a while after that. It was hot and I was running like a mad-woman! We headed home, ate some lunch and I slept for almost 3 hours!!! After my nap, I needed to go to the mall to get another pair of pjs. It was really hot and looked like it was about to storm so mommy and daddy thought we could run around the mall and play at the play area in the mall! Well, when we arrived, it was packed (with kids that were way too old to be there) so they said no (and I was NOT happy about that either). They escaped with only a small tantrum and we headed back to Cabin John for another ride on the choo-choo! We got there just in time, it started to rain and I am pretty sure we were the last train ride of the day.

On Monday, we all headed to Old Town Alexandria to meet up with Papa and Uncle Billy and his two kids (Elisabeth and Charlotte). I loved seeing Elisabeth but she reminded me so much of Aunt Jenny's daughter, Lindsey, that I kept calling her Lindsey after they left! We went out to lunch and I was REALLY good and even ate a few bites of the grilled cheese and fries. Then Papa bought me a bike helmet and took me to see his boat! Mommy FINALLY took a few pictures!
It was back to reality on Tuesday. Daddy was gone from early in the morning until after I was asleep on a field trip to Philadelphia. Mommy and I had a great day at Little Gym and then Target. The night was not as good. I was exhausted and went to bed at 6 but I woke up at 6:30 because my tummy was hurting (I had not done the deed if you know what I mean -- I had fought it all day and it was finally coming out). I hated it so much that I cried and cried. Mommy came and held me but I was so upset that I just started throwing up all over her (almost made it in her mouth). We ended up taking a bath together and then I got to sleep in their bed while monkey, puppy and pink blankie were getting clean! It was not too bad but not that much fun either!

I had school Wednesday and Thursday and was great! I had a great time with my friends and even went to church with daddy and Joice on Wednesday! Today was another fun day. We did not do much (it was hot and stormy most of the day). Pops and Gams popped in on their way to the beach to say hi! Pops played Little People with me on "Reagan's bed" and Gams helped me make pasta and ice cream with play-doh! After lunch and a nap, mommy and I went to De Chantal to pick up a letter for daddy. We accidentally received an extra letter so daddy and I went back to return the extra and saw the statue of Mary and went into the church and saw Joseph and Jesus and said a few prayers. I sure love going to church! Mommy also took a few pictures of me working on my incognito look! We figure it won't be long until my fans find us and I need to be able to go out in public without attracting too much attention!
Enjoy the weekend. I know we will!

No comments: