Background

Friday, May 22, 2009

Nona's Birthday and a Trip to the Zoo

First of all... Happy Birthday to my Nona. I may not get to celebrate with you or eat your cake but I "made" a cake for you and even pretended to help you blow out the candles! I hope you had a good birthday!
It is another weekend and a long one! Yeah!!! Three days with daddy and five with mommy! It was another long week although a little better for mommy! We are really starting to wind down and I think both mommy and daddy are looking forward to a long summer to spend with me! I know I am looking for it!

Last Sunday, mommy and daddy took me to the Reston Zoo. It is a small zoo but I still had a great time. We did not get many pictures but it was fun (although very chilly). We fed the goats in the petting zoo food and even had them drink milk from a bottle! I did not really like them eating the food from my hands but it was still fun.
There were monkeys, ponies, turkeys, chickens, lots of scary snakes and camels!
I loved riding on the fake carousel (even though you cannot really see it in my face... maybe because it ate our money and never moved)!
I loved petting the elephant!
Mommy and daddy saw something funny... I did not really get it but maybe you will!
I had my first trip to the doctor's office with mommy! Mommy had to go see the doctor today and I had to go with her. Mommy was a little worried but I was sooo good! I announced to the entire waiting room while we were there (we will spare you the exact wording but it was still a little personal and I think mommy blushed a little). I just sat in the chair and ate fruit snacks and colored. When they took us back, I told mommy that I "wanted to be a big girl and sit in the chair." I just sat there while mommy was checked out and listened while she talked to her doctor. I think the doctor was very impressed with how cute and smart I was!

Oh, and my friend from daycare had a baby sister on Thursday! I came home from school and said "I want a baby sister." I don't know why but mommy and daddy just laughed at me!

We are going to Baby Ryanne's house tomorrow for a bar-b-que. I cannot wait! We promise to try to take lots of pictures this weekend.

Hope everyone enjoys the holiday!
I love you all!

Abs

No comments: