Background

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Inauguration Day

We were not brave enough to make the trip downtown to witness one of the most historic moments of our lives but mommy and daddy thought it was very important to capture it and record it. Schools were closed so I had both mommy and daddy home with me. We played and hung out. I even watched a few moments of the events on TV (not many but a few). I did not want to change my clothes so these pictures are all of my "pajamas," which lately have consisted of whatever I feel like wearing when it is time to go to bed.
Other than the Inauguration, not much to report from here. Saturday was Bobby's birthday party! I had so much fun playing with him and the other kids. Mommy forgot her camera so there are no pictures but it was great and I was able to play with Pops too! Saturday night, some of mommy and daddy's friends came over for dinner. I was able to stay up long enough to say HI! That was fun too!

That night, while we slept, we had a pretty bad water main break on our street. Mommy called and called about it and after 3.5 days of heavy (and MUDDY) water flowing down the street (and freezing) it has FINALLY been repaired. Sunday and Monday we just played at home and played at JP's house. I had a visit from Papa on Monday and he bought be a present (some furniture for my dolly house).

Daddy left me for a bit on Tuesday to go see Papa and get a throat culture (don't worry, it came back negative). We all enjoyed the long 4 day weekend (5 days for me and mommy).

I was back at school today and had a blast! Daddy took me to church where I practiced saying "Amen" and "Peace" (along with the accompanying hand shake). I did not even want to go home when mommy came to get me! I am back at school the rest of this week and am excited to play with my friends for 3 days in a row.

I am spending the night at Papa and Grandma's house this Saturday so mommy and daddy can begin celebrating daddy's birthday.

We promise more pictures soon! Sorry mommy was so neglectful of the camera all weekend!

No comments: