Background

Monday, December 1, 2008

Very Busy Week

We have had a very fun and very busy week. Wednesday was a fun half day at school. Joic took me to church with the kids during school. I was very well behaved. Daddy looked back and saw me standing on the kneeler and resting my chin on the seat in front of me. I am very good at saying "Amen" and "Peace." After church, I also got to go outside and watch the student vs. faculty football game. It was fun (although slightly overwhelming at times when all the kids would surround me). I came home from school after lunch and took a nap. After playing, dinner and a bath, I went to sleep. Mommy and daddy went on a date! They had a nice time at dinner and really appreciate their babysitter when she comes home from college.

Thursday was Thanksgiving. Mommy had a beautiful dress for me but I did not like it so I wore a different dress. Mommy, daddy and I played and played. Here are a few pictures of us before the day really began.

Daddy and I went to visit with Grandma and Papa later in the morning. We came back to Maryland, picked up mommy and drove over to Pops and Gams' house. Cousin Bobby was there too so we played together a lot! Mommy forgot to take pictures but maybe someone else will have some that we can post soon. We all ate dinner together. I did not eat much but I tried everything!

When we got home, I saw what mommy had been working on while daddy and I were out... She put up the Christmas tree! I LOVED it! I was a little unsure and kept walking around the tree and looking under it but I just loved the lights! We played for a few more minutes but I was so tired, I quickly fell asleep!
I spent Saturday at Papa and Grandma's house. We played. Papa took me fishing and we also through rocks into the canal. We had so much fun that Papa and Grandma decided they wanted to keep me for the night! So we played more and then woke up Sunday and played more! Papa took a few pictures of our adventures!
Mommy and daddy came to pick me up early Sunday morning... I had another big day planned. Mommy took me to my first Redskins game! Fortunately, Pops had the Marriott suite so we did not have the "brave the elements" (it was cold, windy and rainy). Pregame, I was dressed in my Chris Cooley jersey. I am very good at saying his name but I always say "Abbey Cooley" because I want people to know that it is still ME! Here are a few pictures from before the game.
The trip to FedEx Field was rough. We left late to avoid the traffic and it was not bad at all but I really do not appreciate traffic... stop and go, etc. Mommy tried everything. She brought movies like Rudolph and Frosty, we sang Christmas carols, we talked... I just was not happy but we got there and after a quick walk in the rain, we were inside and dry! The game itself was miserable but I had a blast! I loved looking out the window at the field. We were standing there when the Skins scored their only touchdown. I clapped and screamed with everyone and when the crowd started singing the Redskins Fight Song, I started dancing all around! I did not sit still much. Mommy and I did an entire lap around the stadium. I just ran and ran. All of the workers and fans who saw me thought I was the cutest thing! We left before the game was over because I did not enjoy the traffic on the way to the game so mommy wanted to avoid it on the way home! I fell asleep in the car but woke up about 10 minutes after we got home! We played and ate dinner and then I got a little sick so it was time for another bath before bed. Here are a few shots of me at the game. Mommy's favorite was when I ate food of my plate like a cat eats from a bowl! It was great!
Daddy had the day off today so it has been another day of playing! The rain has finally stopped but it is still pretty cold and windy. Mommy took a few pictures of me playing with our stuffed Santa. If you can remember last year, I was scared to death of Santa. I like him a lot more this year. I have been carrying him around with me. I even read a book with him and sat on his lap!
After my SHORT nap, mommy and daddy took me to the mall to just run around. We played at the toy store and Borders book store and then stopped off the see the REAL Santa. He was "off" but was sitting in his chair and invited me up to say HI! I went with daddy. I did not want him to let go of me but I waved to Santa and blew him kisses. He even gave me a stuffed bear. Mommy will just keep taking me back around this time of the day so I can get used to him in a calmer environment before they try to actually take me up there for a picture!

Aunt Karrie is coming on Wednesday for a few days! We cannot wait to see her!

More soon.

No comments: