Background

Monday, October 6, 2008

Weekend Fun!

I had a great weekend, as usual! I stayed home with mommy on Friday. We went to a new park in Avenel. They had a great swing for me (practically a roller coaster seat and very comfy). There were a lot of things for me to climb up and slide down. Good thing mommy wore comfy shoes because she was chasing me all over! I even climbed up a little ladder that just had bars going across. It was only 2 bars that I climbed up but it was still great! We came home and had lunch, I took a nap, and then we played more outside! It was a very fun day. Mommy took zero pictures though so sorry!

Saturday was my BIG adventure. Pop-pa (Grandpa P) came over and we all went downtown on the choo-choo (Metro). I loved the ride.

We walked to the Natural History museum and met up with daddy's cousin Bill and his daughter Elizabeth. I had a great time running around the museum. Mommy thought it was funny that she really never saw one exhibit the entire time. I doubt if daddy or Pop-pa did either! I did get to see lots of dinosaurs! I ran around the dinosaur exhibit yelling "Rooooar! Rooooar!" over and over again! I probably scared a few people! I saw some bugs too! Pop-pa held me and I even touched one or two of them! Mommy thought they were a little creepy!
We all walked back to a different metro after the museum. Poor Elizabeth was so tired, she fell asleep sitting on her daddy's shoulders (her head was resting on the top of his head). We took the choo-choo home and I still had fun! I was a bit tired and did start to lose it at the end but we had a great time!
After lunch and a nap and a few more hours of playing, it was almost time for bed BUT I did get to play with Aunt Mindy and Aurora and Uncle Drew and Mike! I had so much fun with them.

On Sunday, I woke up with more energy than I have ever had before! I ran all over the house. I took everything apart. Mommy was exhausted just watching me. I did work on my counting Mommy says "What is 1 plus 2" and I say "three" - we know this is just because three comes after 2 but it is a fun game to play! At one point, I had 3 diapers on the floor in front of me. Mommy asked me how many diapers I had and I said "three." Mommy looked at daddy and said, that was just a lucky guess, right? So then I took one diaper away and ran down the hall with it. I ran back and sat down in front of the pile of 2 diapers. Mommy asked me how many I had and I said "two." I am sooo good - at least at guessing!

A few hours later, I went to Pop-pa and Grandma's for the afternoon! Mommy and daddy were watching football at Uncle Barry's house and that would not have been enough excitement for me! Once I got home, daddy took me on the swing and I climbed the ladder of the playhouse all by myself! My lack of fear can sometimes be frightening but I have so much fun!

Today has been another big day. I stayed home with mommy and we went to visit my new preschool for when I turn 4. This is where daddy went to school. Mommy spent a lot of time in my hair so she took a few pictures to show! Sorry, daddy will say it looks greasy but mommy has to wet it to make it go into ponytails! When it dried, it looked even cuter because the ponytails curled into ringlets!
The school was great! I just wanted to swing and play. We did sit with the 3-4 year olds. They were very nice to me and I colored a little with them. One girl kept giving me hugs and kisses! After we left, we went to visit some of mommy's friends in Bethesda and then we went to see choo-choos at Barnes and Noble. Once mommy felt it had warmed up enough, we found ANOTHER new park (this time in Chevy Chase) where we swung and I climbed all around! It was so fun! Mommy made us leave to come home for lunch though and I was not too happy! We are home now and I am napping! I should be exhausted so maybe it will be a long one!

Tomorrow I am back to school and mommy is back to studying!!!

We are hoping to take a trip to the pumpkin patch this weekend so we will hopefully have some good pictures to post soon!

1 comment:

desertgramma said...

What a big, brave, pretty girl! Of course she's not scardy of BUGS! Afterall, Abbey can Rooooaaarrrr! What a great weekend for everyone~~
and what lovely pony-tails, too.