Background

Thursday, October 30, 2008

A Lot of Catching Up to Do

It has been a while since we updated this blog and a lot has happened! First, let me tell you that I am doing great! I have been REALLY tired lately (from soo many guests and not enough sleep) but I am catching up (I even went to bed at 5:50 tonight). I also started saying my ABCs yesterday... I have only gotten up to F but really I just say "ABC" and sometimes D, E and rarely F. I am also pretty good at my numbers. I know that 2 comes after 1, 3 after 2, 4 after 3... I get stuck on 5 (after 4. mommy says "whats next" and I say "3"). Once we pass 5, I can usually get 6 and 7 and sometimes 9 and 10! I am ready for reading!

Oh, and mommy took the Social Work Licensing Exam on Thursday and passed! We are all so happy and relieved to have that over!

Mommy and I went to see Pops and Gams last Thursday. Gi (Gams' mom) was there too! I had a lot of fun. Gams pulled out the tea set and I set the table and then served Gi and Gams tea (mommy was surprised when I pretended to pour tea from the tea pot into their cups since we have never played this game before).
After tea and a little dinner, Pops and Gams took me downstairs to play on the slide.
I did so well going down the slide that I had to clap for myself!
The next day, my Prairie Grandmas game for a visit. Silly mommy and daddy forgot to take pictures until the last day when they were loading up my car. Fortunately, we have some good pictures of me with Grandma Kate and Grandma Jane before they left. I had so much fun visiting with them. They brought two kitties, Helen and Missy, and I LOVED them too! In fact, to this day, I stop at the room were they stayed and say "Helen, Pleeeeease!."
They day after they left, Aunt Jenny came up from Richmond for a visit. She brought her new baby Justin too! I LOVED having a baby here (don't get any ideas, mommy and daddy already said NO!). Again, mommy forgot to take any pictures but we had a great time. Tuesday afternoon we went over to visit with a friend from high school, Ann. She has 3 kids too so we played and played! It was a great visit. Before they arrived, mommy and I got the pack-n-play ready for the baby. I was a big help! Well, really, I just wanted to play in there and had mommy throw all of my animals and blankies in to play with! I even pretended to go to sleep!
Wednesday morning, I climbed into Justin's car seat. I realized it was too small once I got in and could not get out of it fast enough!
Then I realized that the baby was still upstairs. I tried so hard to convince mommy to take me to him and then to get through the gate myself. No luck!
As a diversion, mommy gave me lots of plastic things to play with. This was me trying to make bug eyes... Mommy was not fast enough with the camera!

Tomorrow is Halloween. Aunt Jenny was nice enough to bring up Lindsey's Lady Bug costume from when she was my age so I am going to be a lady bug. I am going to go to school in the morning for a few hours, though, dressed as a Notre Dame cheerleader. Mommy did not think it was fair to make Joic deal with tights, a body suit and a tutu! Pops and Gams are going to stop by on the way to the beach and then I have a BIG party at JP's house tomorrow night! We are even going to go trick-or-treating. I have been practicing and am pretty good at saying "trick or treat" and then "candy please." We PROMISE to take pictures!

And then, EARLY Saturday morning, mommy and I are heading to South Dakota for a visit with cousins Reagan and Harrison (and Aunt Karen and Uncle Corey). We cannot wait to be there for the election results! We have faith in Uncle Corey! GOOOO COREY!!!

More from the freezing plains of South Dakota!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!

1 comment:

RHMandK Brown said...

Oh my goodness I can't wait to see Abbey (and you too of course!). She has grown up since you guys were here this summer. She and Reagan will have a blast! And, just for clarification, you may luck out on the "freezing" part of the plains -- it's supposed to be in the mid sixties all weekend!