Background

Thursday, September 6, 2007

Big News... Pregnant Again!!!

Oh geez... Anyone who has talked to us knows that mommy would NEVER let that happen... I just like to play jokes.

No, the real news is that mommy quit her job today. She wanted to do it on Tuesday but could not find her boss to do it... It is a LONG story why and, sadly, has nothing to do with me or wanting to stay home with me. She does not have another job yet but Pops' friend, Uncle Jeff, is helping her and I know she will find something good. It will be part-time, though, so I am excited about that!

Sorry, no pictures tonight but thought you would all like an update. Besides that news, things here are good. Today was daddy and my first FULL day of school. I was a little fussy in the morning but Joice took me for a walk and I was much better after that. Joice told daddy that I am getting better every day. I even ate more at school today. I was still a slow eater but listen to what I did tonight... So, up until 5:30 I had only eaten 13 ounces since midnight... Considering my bed time is around 7, mommy was worried... At 5:30 she fed me rice cereal with an ounce of formula. I will tell you how that is going in a minute... Anyway, then she fed me three more ounces with rice cereal in a bottle. I was still hungry so daddy fed me 2 more ounces with rice cereal in a bottle. I was still hungry so mommy fed me 2 more ounces (with no rice cereal). This was all between 5:30 and 6:30. At 7, after getting ready for bed, I ate 2 more ounces. Not sure how good your math is but mine is VERY good (I am a Shaw after all). That is TEN ounces!!! I ate 10 ounces in 2 hours! Mommy and daddy were beaming! And then I went right to sleep... I stirred for a few minutes but then fell right to sleep. Who knows how long I will sleep (I pulled the every hour waking and crying thing for the last 3 hours of the night/morning).

Okay, so you want to hear about how my spoon feeding is going? Last night, I REALLY got it. I put the entire spoon in my mouth and just understood. Tonight, I did better. I even helped mommy by grabbing the spoon and helping her guide it into my mouth. And I have been managing to eat without making a big mess. We will try to take pictures this weekend so you can all see for yourselves!

Okay, mommy is tired (probably because of my lack of sleep). She also wants a celebratory bourbon for quitting her job!

Talk to you soon. TGIF!!! This was a LOOONG week (especially since it was only 4 days).

Abs

No comments: