Background

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Quick Update

It has been a while since my last post... Things have been very busy around here. Mommy had a nice trip to Puerto Rico with her college roommates. Daddy and I had a great time while she was away although I think he was a little exhausted by my lack of sleeping! Fortunately, I spent Saturday night at Papa and Grandma's house so daddy was able to relax and sleep in on Sunday.

Mommy came home after I was in bed on Sunday night. Fortunately for me (and her), I am still not really sleeping through the night so I woke up around 10 and got to see her! I was so excited and kept saying "Mommy off vacation." I continued to wake up that night and was up early Monday morning. In all, I probably let mommy get about 4 hours of sleep on her first night back!

This was a pretty typical week... Mommy to work on Monday, daddy and I to school. Tuesday I stayed home and mommy and I went shopping at Target! I was not really in the mood for Little Gym so we skipped that this week. I was definitely "out of it" but mommy and daddy just thought I was exhausted from my lack of good sleep. On Wednesday, though, they felt different. When mommy picked me up from school, I had a little rash on my cheeks. By the time we made our way from the day care to daddy's classroom, it was even worse. So mommy and I spent Wednesday afternoon at Papa's office. Normally I would like this but I did not want to go - I wanted to go to the park! And I was REALLY unhappy when they gave me a throat culture. No strep, just a viral infection. I was cleared for school on Thursday and I got 3 stickers from the nurses!

But then... I threw up all over my room and daddy Wednesday night! It was terrible. The worst part was that "pink blankey" and I are inseparable and he got the brunt of my sickness. I was mad that mommy took him and put him in the wash BUT I did get to stay up until he was clean! It was another rough night with little sleep. I stayed home Thursday with mommy. We took a drive, got the car washed, went to the market, and watched lots of movies! I was still a little tired and cuddly (not typical for me) but was well enough for school on Friday. After school I had a play date with JP and then a surprise visit from Papa!

This weekend has been calm. I am still cuddly and a little tired so we have been taking it easy. Daddy took me over for a short visit with Grandma and Papa!

Here are a few pictures of me from the weekend.

As you can see, I LOVE my little baby doll stroller! I am not quite understanding the concept that it is too small for me!


I really have not been ENJOYING baths lately and have been needing them more because I have been experiencing a lot of rashes lately! Mommy and daddy created a BOAT for me to use in the tub! That made bath time last night a BLAST! I hope I can go in the boat every night!
I also have been staying in my pjs for the last few days when we have stayed home. Mommy loved the outfit I had on when I went to Papa and Grandma's house... The sweatshirt and socks were hand-me-downs from Reagan and the pants were from Grandma Kate. The shoes are mine!
Oh, speaking of Reagan, for those of you who have not heard the great news: Reagan and Harrison are going to have a baby brother or sister (mommy thinks they might get one of each!!!). We are very excited for that!

That is all for now! Hope everyone is doing well!

Love, Abs

No comments: