Background

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Long Overdue Update...

Well, lets see... the last time mommy wrote my blog, I was upstairs in bed, crying. Mommy and daddy, being as nice as they are, were trying to teach me to sleep through the night so they let me cry. In all fairness, it had only been 2 hours since I last ate so I should have been fine. Mommy and daddy went to bed and mommy was shocked when she woke up at 6:10 in the morning and had not heard a peep at of me. Up to that point, I was waking up at 11 or midnight for a last feeding and then sleeping until 6AM at the LATEST. This time, I slept through the late feeding and "slept in." Mommy was so proud. She came to get me in the morning and could not believe what she found. I was covered head to toe (and my bed too) in turkey and sweet potatoes. I must have been crying for a REASON but they just let me cry it out and sleep in my own sickness. Poor me!

Mommy was a little worried Thursday morning but I seemed okay so off to school I went. Daddy called mommy at around 1 to tell her he was taking me to the doctor, I was sick again at school. I was put on a strict diet of Pedialyte but told that I could go back to school if I felt okay. Mommy and daddy were concerned... I was not really sick but not very happy so mommy stayed home with me on Friday. We ran some errands and got one of daddy's birthday presents and then... mommy got sick.

Saturday was a fun day. Daddy, mommy and I went to Target. Then daddy went to the store because he was going to cook mommy a feast for his birthday. Then... daddy got sick. Daddy got REALLY sick... No dinner. Daddy went straight to bed. Mommy and I ran another errand to get another present for daddy. Then we went back to Target. As we were pulling into a parking space... I got REALLY sick all over the back of the minivan. It was an interesting ride home! Mommy put me in the bath and given some more Pedialyte. They learned that I like the flavored Pedialyte better (it is for older babies, really, but I am very mature for my age). Mommy took a few pictures of me...

Sunday was better. I seemed to be fine except for the occasional outburst. The dehydration also wreaked havoc on my lips (mommy took more pictures).


We played and played. More pictures were taken. Daddy was feeling better so he decided to cook the feast for mommy that night. I was put to bed and then... Mommy got REALLY REALLY sick... Mommy and daddy decided that I was not well enough to go to school and mommy was really not well. Daddy was going to go to school late. He cooked the meal and he ate a little and then... Daddy got REALLY sick again...

SO, Monday, we were all home. Mommy and daddy took turns playing with me while the other would rest or deal with their illnesses. There are a few more pictures of me playing on this day too.


Today, we all feel MUCH better... I would not say we are 100% at all but functioning much better. We were all back to school and work. And today is daddy's birthday. After work, we opened daddy's presents. I enjoyed the paper more than anything...


Hopefully we all continue to improve. This bug is really going around. Uncle Corey and Aunt Karen and cousin Harrison had it. Pops had it and Grandpa Frank, too. Bobby was even more sick with influenza. It sounds like a lot of daddy's school even has it! Knock on wood that it does not come back around.
We hope you are all happy and healthy! There are two videos coming soon...

Talk soon.

Love, Abbey

No comments: