Background

Friday, August 21, 2009

Mommy's Back...

Mommy came home last night and just in the nick of time... Daddy was ready to cook me for dinner!
Just kidding. I wanted to be cooked. I asked daddy to put me in the pot and cook me. I even salted and peppered myself!

Mommy had a wonderful visit with her friend Carmen and the family. Daddy and I had a blast as well! A new trick I learned when mommy was away... climbing out of my crib. I did this out of the pack-n-play at the beach but the crib is a different story. Mommy and daddy knew that I could if I really wanted to. I decided that I really wanted to! I climbed out and climbed right into bed with daddy! So, it is time for a big girl bed.

My crib is convertible so mommy and daddy just took the front panel off. They considered buying me a real toddler bed (a Dora or Princess one!!!) and use the crib as a tool to keep me in the bed (you know, the old "if you get out of bed, we are going to put you back in the crib" deal). Well, I made it clear to daddy after a few more climbs out of the crib that this would not be much of a threat! So, we settled for some fun sheets!

I took a SHORT nap in the bed with sheets that my Nona sent me and then we went shopping. I found Princess sheets and I loved them, really loved them. But, when it came time to get into the bed, I was having none of it! It took mommy 45 minutes before she could talk me into getting into the bed (before that, we were just sleeping on the floor next to the bed), I am sleeping now. Keep your fingers crossed that it stays that way until morning.

Here I am just before nap time!
And right before bed.
And pretending to sleep for the camera!
Two more days of daddy's summer vacation. Mommy and I are going to visit Liz and JP at the beach for a few days next week before we head back to school/work!

More soon.

Love, Abs

No comments: