Background

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Our Trip to South Dakota... a Journey through Pictures!

Things have been a bit hectic since we returned from South Dakota. We have now been home over a week and mommy has been procrastinating doing the blog because there are so many pictures and so many great memories to share. She is finally doing this blog now but is just going to let the stories tell the pictures (sparing you all of the details of all of the fun we had). Needless to say, we had a wonderful time with Karen, Corey, Reagan and Harrison. I managed to throw up about 8 times but seem to be back to normal now! Thank you so much Karen for helping clean up all of my messes!!!

I was also a little homesick and missed my daddy and Pooper a lot but I still loved being with my cousins. It took me a while to realize they would not be there to play with me when I woke up in the morning! Anyway, here are the pictures. Hope you enjoy them!

As I said in my last blog, we went fishing on Friday. We were at the lodge where Cheney goes hunting. We even had a picnic lunch. Here I am eating (I did not do much fishing).
I was not that into the fishing so I spent some time in the car while everyone else was outside.
Friday night we went to the Vogels for a party (the Vogel kids babysit us when I am at Karen's house). I was a little tired and overwhelmed by all the people. I was very clingy to mommy but finally went to Aunt Karen and fell right to sleep! Maybe it was the sound of those 2 babies in her belly that lulled me to sleep!
The next day was the 4th of July! Karen painted Reagan and my toe nails red and blue. Here I am showing off my toes to Corey.
We did two rounds of fire works... some early and some late. I had a great time watching and we got to stay up VERY late that night!
Sunday we went out on the boat. You have seen a few pictures of me from this trip but here are a few more. Here I am with Reagan in our shades.
And here I am driving the boat.
Monday we went to the pool. Reagan and I had fun just relaxing in the baby pool after our swim in the big pool. I LOVED the water.
Friday we went to Story Book Land. We went there last year and I think I had more fun on that trip. This time, I would not let mommy put me down except for a few times. Here are the few pictures mommy was able to take while not carrying me around! Here I am in Peter Peter's Pumpkin.
I loved the Merry-go-round.
We ran down the yellow brick road... I did not get far before mommy was carrying me again, though!
Harrison and I did spend a lot of time on the choo choo!
And I wanted to go down this BIG slide but once I got up there, I changed my mind.
Here we are riding ponies.
And no park is complete without a REAL train!
I loved playing with the dogs. Sydney had just kissed me in this picture.
Friday night we went to this cancer fundraiser in Gettysburg. They had an inflatable slide. I loved it. Here are Reagan and I climbing up together. Right after mommy took this picture, I slid all the way back down!
Here are Reagan and I sliding down.
The power cut out while I was at the top of the inflatable. You can kind of see that the back is starting to collapse. Mommy was REALLY freaked out and was screaming for me to slide down. I did not understand what all the fuss was about but came down before the top completely collapsed!
On Sunday we went to see this beautiful church in a nearby town!
Here we are looking angelic!
And then we went home and had frozen treats.
As you can see, I was not very neat with mine.
To wash all of the ice cream off, we went in the sprinklers. I loved their sprinkler.
I saw a kitty in their back yard and we are headed over to see the little guy.
But he got scared and ran away! I just kept looking and looking for him (and I asked where he was for the next few days too).
Not sure what I am doing in this picture but I am looking angelic again, don't you think?
Reagan and Harrison got a croquet set too. Here I am with Corey trying to figure this game out.
I really did not get it and kept trying to pick up the balls!
Here we are eating lollipops for breakfast and sitting on furniture!
This was my 2nd to last night in South Dakota. I fell asleep at the dinner table and then ended up on the chair in the family room, I refused to go to bed but you can see how tired I was!
On Tuesday, Reagan took me to ballet with her. She even let me wear one of her old leotards!
I had so much fun watching and learning her routines (and trying to copy them).
After dance class, we went home and played on the swings and in the bouncy house and then Karen set their pool up! It was so much fun!!! I loved going down the slide (over and over and over again).
We never could quite get a good picture together.
Reagan and I lounging again.
Harrison had fun too!
This is the last picture of me and my cousins that mommy took at the airport in Pierre. I sure miss them!
We had some time to kill in Minneapolis and our gate was RIGHT next to the play area (good and bad but I enjoyed it).
Well, that is all. Our flight back was good and we even arrived 30 minutes early. I started to lose it at the end but recomposed myself and had a good end of the trip.

I am glad to be home with daddy and Pooper but I really miss my cousins. Thank you to Reagan, Harrison, Corey and Karen for having us out!!! We loved every minute (almost)!

No comments: