Background

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Terrible Mommy...

Mommy is VERY sorry that she has not updated the blog since I turned one! It has been a ROUGH week for her and daddy (and me, actually). Mommy is still recovering but wanted to at least post some pictures.

The bad news... there really are no pictures to post SOOO any of you WONDERFUL people who were at my party on Saturday and have pictures you can email, please send them to mommy at aimshaw@yahoo.com. Thanks!!!

First, in the days leading up to my official birthday, gifts kept coming. Mommy and daddy let me open a few presents early. First, I opened the cool guitar from aunt Karrie (photos previously shown on this blog). The next day, she also sent me my own baby... I sleep with her sometimes and I let her ride on my Princess car!

The next day, my boyfriend JP from across the street (and Uncle Joe and Aunt Liz) brought over a present that mommy let me open. Here are some pictures. I would say this was the MOST I got into actually unwrapping this year... I just did not care enough about the paper and the tearing but I loved the gift.

On my official birthday, mommy let me stay in my pajamas ALL day (well, until party time). I opened a few presents from my cousins Reagan and Harrison and Aunt Karen and Uncle Corey in the morning. They were so fun. The ball machine scared me a little at first but I really like it now!

After a few naps and a few errands, it was party time! We kept the party small since it was at our house but friends and families came. The theme was froggy, of course. My friend, Froggy sat outside to greet our guests. There were green and white (and purple) balloons. There were signs outside that said "Frog Parking Only, All Others Will Be Toad." We even blew up a pool to let little frogs swim all over. Mommy thought we could just put that on top of the hot tub cover... Well, that whole pool idea was overrated. The hot tub cover collapsed and there was no more pool!

Anyway, the party was fun. Mommy managed to take pictures of the cake and the "Frog Punch" (thanks Aunt Karen for that recipe - it was a big hit). That was all that she took...


After the party, I went to grandma and grandpa's house for a post-party party. They got me ANOTHER cake and grandpa did a MUCH better job taking pictures. My party, I later learned, continued on into the wee hours of night... While mommy and daddy claim they were REALLY missing me, they were delighted on Sunday when grandpa asked if they could keep me one more night! So I got to party with them ALL weekend. Here are some pictures of my adventures!


On Monday, grandpa took me to his work... I thought it was "Go to work with grandpa day." It turns out, I was the patient! I had my one year check up. I was not very cooperative AGAIN during measurements but they say I am 28.25 inches tall (mommy had me taller when she measured me at home, I was close to 29 when I was not squirming). I weight 18 pounds, 4 ounces (I am still a little girl so I don't get to face forward in my car seat yet). The WORST part were the 3 (YES, THREE) shots that I had to get! I was not happy.

I slept on the way home. After a quick nap, we ran to the mall to get me a new pair of shoes (I lost one at grandma and grandpa's house) and then went to visit daddy at school. That was very fun. Then we went to my cousin Bobby's house to visit with Bobby and Aunt Jen and Uncle Kevin. My Nona was there too... She is my mommy's mommy. We all played and had a blast. I was a little fussy (probably from the shots). We left a little early and I fell asleep on the way home. I was so tired that I did not even wake up when daddy got me out of the car. Of course, by the time they got me upstairs and ready for bed, I was ready to play again!


Tuesday, I was still not feeling hot so mommy kept me home from school. I have been REALLY fussy the last few days... We are not sure if it is just the shots or me getting used to this milk thing and being hungry all the time because I don't like to eat much and I don't like to drink my milk out of a cup... We will see how everything goes the next few days.

We are looking forward to a FUN but relaxing weekend.

Hope you enjoyed the pictures. Sorry for the long delay in blogging!

Oh, and can everyone please pray (or think good thoughts) for my Uncle Corey. He is running for State Senate and there Primary is June 3rd! He is running against the current State Rep so it will be a tough race. We know Corey will do great and wish we could be there to help! Go Brown!!!

Lots of Love! Abbey

No comments: