Background

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Almost My Birthday

That is right... It is almost my HALF birthday. I turn 6 months in less than a week. Time has really flown by. Mommy cannot believe she has not written in two weeks and is feeling terrible about it. She and daddy have been so busy with work and taking care of me that other things are starting to fall to the wayside for a bit. For those of you who have not heard from them, they are fine and they love you all... I am going to bed but thought I would give you a quick rundown of the last few weeks.

Last weekend, mommy met up with some of her roommates at Notre Dame. They played USC and it was not a good game but she still had fun. Pops was out there too for the ND Board meetings. Aunts Carmen, Christina, Kimberly and Jeanne-Marie were there. They had a lot of fun. Pops spent a lot of Saturday tailgating with them. Mommy says they were all very well behaved!

While mommy was playing with friends, daddy was on his own too. He went hiking in Shenandoah National Park. He took lots of great pictures. The leaves were peaking and it was beautiful. When he got home, he had Barry, Jen, Mike and Mindy over for dinner. Cousin Jonathan came over later with some friends to hang out. Daddy had fun but I think he had too much fun!

So where was I during all of this... where do you think? Grandma and Grandpa Palumbo just love me sooo much that they cannot get enough of me. I spent Saturday and Sunday with them. We had so much fun. We went all over including the zoo and the ALS walk. Here is a picture of me and my friend Tiger at the zoo. How cute am I?

Mommy came home Sunday and daddy came to get me and we hung out until I had to go to bed. Monday, daddy and I stayed home from school because we were not feeling well. While I did not feel great, I did get to wear an outfit that Grandma Kate and Grandma Jane sent me from Le Mars, Iowa. That is the home of Blue Bunny Ice Cream! Ymmm... Cannot wait to have that!

Thursday, I had to spend part of the day with mommy at work. That did not go over so well. I am starting to get to the separation anxiety stage and anytime one of her co-workers would take me so she could get some work done, I pitched a fit. The good news, though, because I was so bad, we had to go home early!

This weekend was another fun time! I spent Saturday with Grandma and Grandpa Palumbo. We went to the park and just hung out. I slept a lot while I was there... See.


Today, Pops and Gams came for a visit. I was a little fussy again (and there are no pictures... sorry). Mommy and daddy are not sure if it is because of my teething or if I am just getting spoiled.

I am very excited for my first Halloween. Mommy and daddy are making me go to bed on time but I have 2 costumes to wear during the day... I am going to be a bee and a monkey. We promise to share pictures! Here is a picture of me in my halloween pjs. The kindergarten teacher loves me. She gave me these pjs AND the bee costume!!!

Friday I go in for my 6 month check up. We promise to report back to you all how I am doing.

Oh, and in case you were keeping track of my food... I think I have had ALL of the stage 1 foods except carrots (I get those on Tuesday). So I have had: sweet potatoes, squash, green beans, peas, bananas, pears, applesauce, peaches, prunes. I am such a big girl. I am even drinking water out of mommy's cups sometimes!

More soon, I promise!

Love to you all, Abbey

No comments: