Background

Saturday, January 14, 2012

What A New Year!

Well, we have been very busy since this new year started. I guess we will begin from the beginning...


On New Years Eve Eve, mommy and daddy went away for the night to Staunton, Virginia to see daddy's favorite band, The Steel Wheels, and to celebrate their anniversary. Christina and her daughter, Diane, stayed with us. We had such a great time with them! I wish they could come stay with us all the time.


When they came home, mommy was not feeling to well. She said she thought she just had too much fun the night before but as the day went on, she felt worse and worse (stabbing pains in the belly). By my bedtime, she had spiked a fever and was told to go to the ER. It was 8PM on New Years Eve - not an easy night to find a sitter - so daddy stayed home with us while she went. She figured there was nothing wrong with her but wanted to be safe. 


I stayed up late with daddy and helped him cook a fabulous meal (that they enjoyed the next day). 
Mommy was at the ER until 2:30AM. She had an interesting night but that is really all she will share with me (maybe she will tell you more if you ask, I think I am too young). Turns out, she had pneumonia! The doctor was surprised based on what she presented with but that was what was causing the pains (lower left lung pneumonia and the pain in the lung radiated down into her belly).


Anyway... she was given antibiotics and orders for rest and came home. Daddy was very busy the next few days taking care of us crazy kids! He stayed home from school their first day back to help take care of us. 


On Wednesday, he and I were both back in school. That day, Casey's cold seemed to get worse and he spiked a fever. She took him in to see Dr. Sexter and he had RSV and bronchiolitis. Poor kid, he was miserable. Here he is...
The next day, his fever was getting worse (104+) and the ibuprofen and Tylenol were not bringing it down so we went back to the doctor. He was okay and we just gave him MORE of those meds. That night, his fever got really high (106+) but came right back down and he has seemed 100 times better ever since.

We decided to redo New Years... so last Saturday was our New Years Eve! Things have been much better since then. Here are a few pictures of the fun we have been having.

Here I am playing doctor with my new crash cart that I got from Papa for Christmas.
Here is Casey waving as mommy took a picture for daddy. 
Some random shots of us around the house. 
 Showing off his "buba"- his word for belly.
Casey is still not a HUGE fan of meals... unless it is in the trash (see prior blogs) or on the floor. Here is a yogurt bite on the floor. 
Here he is putting it in his mouth! 
Yum! I love food from the floor! 
Here is a picture I took of Ruthie with mommy's camera. 
Casey really loves to climb in and out of the bathtub! 
Oh, and I am famous! I made it on the back cover of the Stone Ridge Summer Camp brochure with my friend Natalie. It is a picture of us from camp there last year! Cute, right?
Here it is close up ;-) 
One last picture is from our Weekly Reader at school. This was my homework. Part of the assignment was for me to look at a picture when the kids are not getting along and say how they could be getting along better. I picked the bottom picture and explained how the kids should share. When mommy asked about the top picture, I created a whole scene... the kids were saying "You spilled the milk." "No, you spilled the milk." "No, you did it." "No, you did it." And then I told mommy that they could get along better if the one who really spilled the milk told the mommy that he/she did it. But then I realized that my scenario was wrong. What they were REALLY saying was "I don't like your glasses." "I like my glasses." "I DON'T like your glasses." "I LIKE my glasses." Silly... but mommy thought it was pretty funny! 
Poor daddy has to take these silly classes to get certified to teach... don't ask! But anyway, it has been taking him away from us the last 2 Saturdays (and for all the Saturdays in January). We sure miss having him around. Today was my first day of ballet and I love it! Tomorrow we are heading to Purcellville to see Dave and Becky and the boys. I cannot wait! We will try to take lots of pictures.

Next weekend is Bobby's birthday party so we will have pictures from that too!  

No comments: