Background

Monday, September 5, 2011

The Last Days of Summer!

Tomorrow is my first day at my new preschool. I have been counting down the days. I am so excited and was even counting to 100 (with a little help) and counting to 30 in Spanish (on my own but not totally perfect) as I was going to sleep tonight. The last few weeks of summer have been fun. We are sad that summer is over but excited for my new school. Daddy went back 2 weeks ago and the kids were back in school last week. He is adjusting well but it is hard to get back into the swing of things.

Just a few pictures since our last post.

Mommy took me to get another pedicure and a manicure this time.
On daddy's last day before school last week, we went to Great Falls (the MD side). We were excited to see the canal and the river after Hurricane Irene (which we all survived with flying colors thankfully). The canal was empty. Turns out they drain it before a big storm to prevent flooding. The river was high but not too bad. We had fun hiking around and climbing some rocks!
We took Casey to the Germantown Park to run around. He had a blast.
And here I am helping mom put away the clean dishes. I really love to "help" around the house. I fold clothes, wash down the bath tub and sink, do the dishes! I have not even asked for money yet!
Mom had a meeting at my new school last Wednesday. She got to see my classroom and hear who my teachers were going to be. This is my hook to hang my bag! Did I mention I was super excited about starting school????

Poor kid, that was his 2nd park in two days with no shoes (just socks) so we finally took him to get shoes. He hated it but finally put them on and is doing pretty well in them.
After shoe (and candle) shopping, we checked out the newly remodeled play area at the mall. I am getting a little too tall for it but Casey was in HEAVEN!
We went to another park the next day to try them out.
Um... I don't think Casey fits in this swing very well.
That is better!
I LOVE swinging. Mommy kept trying to capture me swinging HIGH but I am just too fast!
Here we are just climbing around!
On Friday, Papa took me to the zoo! I had a blast and ran him all over!

On Saturday, we went out to Purcellville, Virginia to see friends. We even had a sleepover. It was so great. I love the boys and I was so happy to have kids to play with that have the crazy energy that I have! We played and played, got ready for bed, played some more and then watched a little TV before bed!
Casey was excited for the first ND game of the season! He even wore his jersey (I refuse to wear any ND gear unless it is PINK)!
This is when Casey had to stop watching the ND debacle! Terrible!
More playing after pjs on!
And our attempt to wind down!
On Sunday, Papa took me again. This time he took me to Glen Echo to play, ride the carousel and see The Wizard of Oz puppet show! It was great but I was pretty exhausted from the night before!

Today we just hung out and played all day. This is it! The official end of summer for me. I keep telling Casey that one day he will be old enough to go to day care and he will have fun. Until that day, he is stuck at home with mommy!

More soon!

No comments: