Background

Thursday, August 25, 2011

One Year Checkups, Acting Camp Show, Earthquakes and More!

What a few weeks it has been! Last week, we had Casey's one year check up. I was not able to go because I was at Acting Camp but Casey did great. He had to get three shots, which he was not a fan of, but he did great. He weighed in at 18lbs, 8oz (just about the 5th percentile) and was 29.5 inches tall (just about the 25th percentile). He is still a little peanut but looked great.

On Friday, we had my "show" at camp. We acted out the book "The Grouchy Ladybug." Here is a small clip (it is a bit hard to hear my line but mommy and daddy said I did great). I LOVED my teacher Miss Rhea. Turns out, she babysits and I was dying to have her come over and play with me (which she did today for a few hours and we had a blast).

On Tuesday, I went to see Joice and Fernando at Joice's house. I had a great time playing with my friends from my old day care at Mercy. While there, I felt the earth move under my feet, literally (as I like to say all the time now). We had a 5.9 magnitude earthquake. It was crazy and a little scary for everyone but we were lucky and have not noticed any damage. We have had a few aftershocks since then. I actually woke up last night around 12:50 and told mommy that I thought we were having an earthquake because things were moving in my room. Mommy slept with me until I went back to sleep. When she went back to her room about 20 minutes later, there actually was an aftershock of 4.5 - I must be super sensitive to the earth's movements!

We are preparing for Hurricane Irene this weekend. We are hoping we will miss the brunt of the storm but things are not looking good for the beach house. We are saying prayers and keeping our fingers crossed that the house (and all the other houses and people) will be safe during this storm.

Here is one last video of Casey eating... he is a little messy but it is pretty cute!
More soon! Say some prayers!!!

No comments: