After our last post, things went better for us. I enjoyed three days at camp and then we headed to the beach (mommy, Casey and I). It was not a very fun drive. We hit some traffic after mommy picked me up from camp. Casey cried for most of our 3.5 hour drive. Needless to say, mommy was a little frazzled by the time we arrived at the beach (both Casey and I fell asleep about 20 minutes from the beach). Fortunately Gams was there to help. She took me out for ice cream and shopping in Bethany. Pops helped out with Casey and mommy was able to get us all unpacked and settled in. Not long after we came home from our shopping trip, Jen, Kevin and Bobby arrived. Mommy took Bobby and I down to the beach to play with some of the new toys that Gams and I picked out while we shopped. Here are a few pictures.










Casey took a nap and Pops and Gams played with him when he woke up so that Jen and mommy could take Bobby and I to Funland in Rehobeth to ride the rides. It was a lot of fun.







We are sad to report that mommy did not get a video of us singing "Bumble Bee" but we have a picture of me and Natalie before the show.







He loves to stand on his own too!
And reading is his favorite pastime.
More standing on his own.
And peek-a-boo is always a great game!




As you can see, the weather started to turn on us and mommy was a little worried about the storm clouds so we headed back to the house.

After a "good" night sleep, we played out on the deck! We had a blast in the pool on Saturday morning!




After Casey's nap and lunch, we headed to the beach. That was a lot of fun too!



Casey took a nap and Pops and Gams played with him when he woke up so that Jen and mommy could take Bobby and I to Funland in Rehobeth to ride the rides. It was a lot of fun.
I was a little scared of the free fall ride (you can see that Bobby LOVED it and I was more than a little hesitant).
We had another great night at the beach and came home Sunday for camp the following week. We had a great week of camp. We had a talent show one day and mommy and daddy and Casey came to watch me perform. Here I am the morning of the talent show!
We are sad to report that mommy did not get a video of us singing "Bumble Bee" but we have a picture of me and Natalie before the show.Here I am on my last day of camp.


I really enjoyed camp but was also excited to have some time at home with mommy, daddy and Casey.
The day after my last day of camp, mommy and daddy left us (boo) to go to the Inn at Little Washington. Mommy and daddy are so happy to have an annual Christmas/Anniversary gift from Pops and Gams at one of the most amazing places in the world that we share with them. This year, mommy and daddy we surprised by an additional gift from Papa and Grandma for dinner! They are so lucky to have great parents! And we were lucky to have such fun caregivers while they were gone because Christina and her daughter, Diane, came to play with us and we had a blast!
This has been a great week too! On the 4th of July, mommy and I went to a party at my friends' house (twins Izzy and Sammy). We played and then watched the fireworks in Rockville. Unfortunately, mommy only took one picture (which was probably more that I saw of the fireworks anyway after a few tantrums from the night).
The next day, mommy took some great shots of me feeding Casey dinner!
Two days ago, Casey turned 11 months old. It is hard to believe it has almost been a year since he joined our family. Mommy weighed him and he was 18lbs, 5oz. We took a few pictures of him playing on his 11 month birth day. He really loves the slide!

And reading is his favorite pastime.
More standing on his own.
And peek-a-boo is always a great game!
Yesterday we all went to the pool together. I loved having the chance to show my daddy what a great swimmer I am. Casey is still not a HUGE fan of the pool though so they left early!
Today was another great day. My friend Tessa took me to the pool with her. I loved it and even got to go in the deep end without my swim floatation device! I also got to help daddy make salsa before bed! Yummy!!!




We leave Monday for South Dakota. I am counting down the days (and ask daily if THIS is the day we leave). Fortunately, I have fishing with Papa tomorrow and a birthday party on Sunday to help pass the time!
Oh, and Casey is sooo close to walking! He has been standing for many many seconds at a time. A few weeks ago, he took a step toward me and today he took two steps from one part of the couch to another without holding on. GO CASEY!!!
We hope everyone had a great fourth! More soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment