Background

Friday, May 27, 2011

First Trip to the Beach

Mommy, Casey and I went to the beach for a few days. We drove to Stone Harbor, NJ where JP's family has a house. We were from Tuesday until Thursday and we had a blast. We drove up Tuesday morning, spent the afternoon on the beach, went out to dinner and crashed that night. Wednesday we played and took a walk. Liz drove us around on the back of her bike (she has a trailer that JP and I sat in). We also went to two parks. After lunch, we headed back to the beach. We had another great dinner out and crashed again once we got home. Thursday we went to the zoo before heading home to see daddy. Here are a few pictures from our trip.

Casey LOVED the sand the first day (not quite as much on day two).
He was not a HUGE fan of being trapped in the pool.
I loved filling up the other pool with water and running back and forth from the waves.
I also really loved playing in the sand (a lot different than I was last year). Casey and Blair really worked on their friendship while we were there too!
Here are JP and I beginning our run around the zoo!
The first thing we saw was this peacock. As soon as we walked up to her, she opened her tail to show us her beautiful colors. She was my absolute favorite!
You cannot really see him but in the back corner of this picture is the African Lion. You could hear him roaring throughout the entire zoo. He was beautiful (and looked like Aslan).
I loved standing on all the benches and having mommy take my picture.
We found a great path through the woods (leading to the giraffes and zebras) where we continued our run.JP did not LOVE the bench pictures as much as I did!
Found another bench!!!
They have an albino alligator at the zoo until September. He was really cool looking!
You could even watch him blink when mommy took the pictures - his little black slit of an eye would disappear and his entire eye would be white. Kinda creepy looking...
And another bench!
We had such a fun time and are so grateful that Liz, JP and Blair opened there home up for us to come crash! We cannot wait to go back.

Happy Memorial Day weekend to everyone. We will hopefully take more pictures to post soon!

No comments: