Background

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Milestones... Well Sort Of...

First, we are all dug out here! Bobcats came through last night and cleared our streets. The driveway is clear enough to get the cars out. It is difficult to say how much snow we actually received because it blew around so much. There are areas where there is 40+ inches and areas with less. What we have seen for Bethesda is about 27 inches... Too much!

We just wanted to put this in the blog so we don't forget. I have had a fun week of potty training. Tuesday morning I woke up (at 4:50 AM) and mommy heard me moaning. She ran down the hall and panicked when she did not see me in my room. She found me in the bathroom, next to the toilet, on my step stool. I was trying to take my pants down and go potty, ALL BY MYSELF! And, my diaper was dry! Mommy told me that most people try to learn to use the potty during the day first... I just like to do things a little differently. I have not been all that interested in using the potty all that much but that day at school, I used the potty every time. I woke up again this morning with a dry diaper. I came down and got mommy and I had no pants on. I told her I had already gone to the potty by myself. I managed to take my diaper off, climb up on the potty (with no step stool this time), go, flush, take the potty seat off and close the lid ALL BY MYSELF! Mommy and daddy are very proud!

We are doing okay today. I went to JP's this morning to play and have lunch. His friend (and my friend ) Mary Clair was there because they have no power so we had lots of fun. I am playing with daddy now. Mommy is hoping to maybe venture out later just to see how things are.

More soon.

1 comment:

desertgramma said...

Hi Abbey, Gramma Jane and I are watching The Sound of Music on TV...and we are VERY proud of you for using the potty ALL BY YOURSELF!! Such a BIG girl :)