Background

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

We Made It!

This is what I kept saying as we landed back in DC on Monday. I had a great trip to St. Louis and I really enjoyed the plane rides this time!

Yesterday, mommy spent almost an hour typing a very long and thorough (and funny) blog about my last week of adventures. Unfortunately, the entire blog was somehow erased. I don’t think mommy is going to write as much today… she is still a little upset about the entire thing! So, let’s see… When we last posted, I had a fever. Mommy took some cute pictures of me on my sick day and never got a chance to post them so she is going to post them now. I just spent the day sleeping on the couch and watching movies. I am a pretty cute sickie, don’t you think?

Fortunately, my fever broke late that night and we were able to fly to St. Louis on Thursday. There were really no problems getting to the airport and getting through security. I did manage to throw up on myself even before takeoff. Mommy is getting to be an old pro at this flying thing, though, and had me changed without even having to unbuckle me. The rest of the flight was uneventful and with the help of many nice St. Louisans, we rented a car and were on our way!

Our first stop was Karrie’s office. We took a tour and saw her daddy, Fred, and some other co-workers. After the tour and a little running around, we headed to one of mommy’s favorite lunch places – Lion’s Choice. She had a great lunch while I continued the 2 day trend of not really eating anything (not even French fries and ketchup!!!). We stopped off at Karrie’s house and unpacked and then headed to the grocery store! It was raining and I kept telling mommy that we needed a ‘brella.’ I was very upset that she did not have one but we managed to get in and out of the store and home without melting. We spent the rest of the rainy day at Karrie’s house. After a little coaxing, I went to bed. Mommy and Karrie were not very bright and did not go to sleep until about 3. I woke up at 6 so mommy was pretty tired on Friday!

Friday was sunny and a little warmer. I had another fever and continued to not eat. Mommy called the doctor. Dr. Sexter was not in but Dr. Shanahan told mommy I would be fine but to let me eat ANYTHING I WANTED!!! Next stop, McDonalds for a milk shake, cheeseburger and fries. I drank a little of the shake but still would not eat! Oh, and mommy got pulled over on the way there… When the officer asked if she knew why he pulled her over, she said “I went through a yellow light?” He told her it was red (which means STOP by the way – even I know that). We were both in PJs so he must have felt sorry for us because he let us go with just a warning!

Next, mommy and Karrie took me to the zoo!!! It was so much fun! I saw alligators, monkeys, apes, donkeys (they were really called Somali Wild A**es but mommy won’t let me say that). I rode the merry-go-round and the choo choo train! It was so fun!

The ride home was VERY sunny and after complaining that it was “too bright” Karrie let me wear her sunglasses! I think they look really good on me!!! Again, I ate nothing for dinner but went to bed and slept pretty well! Mommy and Karrie went to bed EARLY this night so they were ready to play on Saturday.
Saturday was gorgeous! It was sunny and warm. We went to the play-go-round and swung and went down the slide. Then we went to a deli where they got lunch. There was a little table for me to sit at while I waited for them.
After they ate lunch (again, I ate nothing but a few grapes) we drove to O’Fallon to see some of mommy’s old friends and their families. I had a great time playing with the other kids. We took a walk to the nearby ‘play-go-round’. Uncle Dave even let me ride on his shoulders. I showed off my tricks on the monkey bars. I also really enjoyed playing with Uncle Dave’s daughter Dayton’s baby toys!
Sunday morning we drove back to O’Fallon to visit some of our family. Aunt Connie hosted a brunch and I was able to visit with her, Uncle Ted and his wife Nita, cousins Andrea, Stephanie, Ellen and her husband Brandon, and Lauren and her son Austin. I was a little sick again on Sunday and spent most of the time clinging to mommy. For that reason, we are sad to report, we have no pictures of our visit. It was really great to see them all, though! I know mommy was very happy.

It was still really nice on Sunday for part of the day. After a quick nap, I woke up to find Karrie’s mommy, Kathy at the house. We all went outside to play and Uncle Mike blew bubbles for me. The winds picked up though and it started to get really cold so we headed back inside.
Sunday night, we went to Uncle Mike’s parents’ house for dinner. I again refused to eat anything. I also had one of my tummy issues and spent a large part of the night in Mike’s sister’s bedroom. The highlight was gagging at the table after they brought out dessert and then throwing up in the sink! It was time to head home!!!

Monday was the day we went home. It had been a long trip and, while I had a great time, I missed daddy and Pooper. We woke up to snow! Mommy tried to get some pictures of me in the car as we left Karrie’s with the snow but they did not come out too well.
Once again, it was an uneventful journey through the airport and security. I did manage to eat a few fruit snacks before the flight while watching the planes come and go! The plane ride was vomit-free (I kept saying “no cry – no throw up”). It became VERY bumpy on our descent into DC (mommy started to feel a little nauseous but she never let on). I just kept saying “wee, bumpity-bump, wee!” The pilot saw us on the way off the plane and asked if I had a nice flight and I said “yes, bumpity-bump.”
We beat daddy home. It was great to see him when he came back from school. I still would not eat but mommy was hoping after adjusting to live back at home, I would start eating again (I have not done that yet).

It has been an interesting 3 days since I have been back. I refuse to sleep in my crib. I have been falling asleep on the floor by my crib. Mommy moves me into the crib before she goes to bed. This morning, I woke up at 4:30 and refused to go back in my crib so she put me back on the floor… It might be time to make the transition. We will see what happens over the next few nights!

Daddy did take me to see Dr. Sexter yesterday just to make sure I was okay since it had been a week of not really eating anything (I won’t even eat fruit snacks – that is saying something). I am fine, do not worry! I will eat eventually. I did eat a few grapes today for lunch and a half a piece of cheese! I am starting to drink more too, which is a good thing.

We have lots planned for the Easter weekend. I cannot wait to spend time with family and to look for Easter eggs that I hear some bunny is going to hide around the house. We promise more pictures soon!

Hope you all have a great weekend. Happy Easter!

Love, Abbey

No comments: