Background

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Woohoo!

Less than a month and we are already posting again! It is a record (at least recently). School is out! I have graduated and lots of fun has already been had! Let's see... I had camp last week at my school. I actually skipped camp on Wednesday to go to Gettysburg with daddy! We had a great day and so much fun! Here are a few pictures from our trip.
One day, daddy and I went out to Barnes and Noble and to Hudson Trail. Here I am trying out the rain cave (hard to see but I am trying on their "rain gear" and having a blast!). 
Mommy left us this weekend to go to New York for the brain cancer walk. The Green Bananas got together again to walk in memory of Carmen. Thank you all for your support. The Green Bananas raised over $24,000 - and finished in 4th place for fundraising. Mommy was the top fundraiser of the entire race (thanks mainly to the very generous donations from Pops and Thomas, Carmen's husband).


Here is a picture of the bike rental place... interesting because mommy and daddy sold our house to the people who are part owners of this business (they also own a bike rental business in DC).
They had a beautiful walk on Governor's Island in Manhattan. 
Jeanne-Marie brought her son, Will (he is about 6 months older than Casey). He was such a trooper!
Here is a picture during our walk of Freedom Tower (where the World Trade Center was). It was an amazing site to see. 
Here is a picture of the Green Bananas (minus mommy, the picture taker). 
And the Statue of Liberty!
Here are the Green Bananas at the finish line!
 
And on the ferry ride back to Manhattan after the race (minus aunt Tina who is now taking the pictures).
After mommy came home, we went to visit Papa. Here I am climbing a tree in his yard.
I had a great time at Papa's - running around and flying planes and visiting with grandma.

After our visit, we went to see Pops. Here is Casey looking for Pooper under some steps (silly cat doesn't realize that Pops is allergic to cats).
Bobby was at Pops' too and I had so much fun running around their new house with him.

So, back to the house sale thing... Yes, our house is under contract. Our neighbors are buying our house. If all goes well, we will move out at the end of July and close on the sale of this house on August 1st (so everyone keep your fingers crossed that everything goes as planned)!


That is all for now. In less that a week, my cousins from South Dakota will be here. We will post again soon (we hope!).


No comments: